Associate Director of Strategy (Healthcare)
At DDB, we believe creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
DDB New York is seeking an Associate Director of Strategy to join our Health and Wellness group as we continue to serve our clients in the consumer space.
- Developing strong client relationships as a key strategic and business partner
- Guiding the strategic direction in relation to our clients’ brand development and marketing approach
- Gain a deep, holistic and evolving understanding of our client’s business objectives, challenges, threats and opportunities – including forward looking awareness of emerging competitive threats
- Developing a deep understanding of our clients’ customers’ wants, needs, and behaviors across the full customer journey (awareness > trial > continuation)
- Developing an understanding and ability to advocate for the full suite of strategic solutions offered by DDB.
- Collaborating with the creative, account, strategy, teams on business, brand and communications/content strategies
- Developing POVs for our clients around business-critical issues and trends
- Mining provocative insights that form the basis for effective communication, marketing, business and creative strategies
- Developing inspiring creative and project briefs
- Ability to lead the translation of insights into strategies and tactics
- Leading internal brainstorms and client workshops
- Participating in new business pitches
- Partnering with clients on market research activities
- Patient marketing/ CPG experience ideal
- Experience with oncology brands (desirable)
- Able to become deeply immersed in our clients’ business on both a commercial and clinical/scientific level
- Able to develop strong client relationships and trust based on deep immersion in their business
- Bring a rounded competency set spanning brand strategy/creative development/digital engagement, or, in other words
- Creative thinker
- Adept at storytelling
- Able to simplify and clarify complex concepts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Presence and personality, or, in other words
- Superb and persuasive communications skills, both written and verbal
- Clients and the internal team want to work with you
- Collaborative approach
- Leadership skills
DDB is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.