What we believe:
At DDB, we believe that creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach’s notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity, and overcome anything thrown their way.
What we need:
We’re looking for a thinker and a doer who is equal parts intellectually rigorous and creatively curious, with an instinct for a good story and a penchant for common sense.
- The successful candidate will be passionate about finding new ways to bring brand ideas to life, and communicate those points of view clearly and persuasively.
- Lead the day-to-day of integrated insights and strategic planning team in a way consistent with the agency’s goal of bringing a strong analytical and cultural foundation.
- Is a doer. This role will be responsible for producing decks, possibly a lot of them, in addition to spending a lot of time with the client and walking them through our strategic positioning.
- Help create and present thoughtful and provocative strategies, creative briefs, brand ideas, and experience plans.
- Support the Group Strategy Director in day-to-day strategic output.
- Is a leader and has accountability.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of category and competitive activity.
- Partner with creative and account director peers to develop disruptive ideas and experiences at multiple customer touch-points.
- Ensure all deliverables required from the group, internally and externally, are met in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to our client's business by inspiring and facilitating collaboration among client and agency team members.
What is required:
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in planning, strategic planning and related communications experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Post-Graduate/Portfolio School study in advertising or brand strategy is a nice to have.
- Marketing background, creative problem-solving, and a doer/builder of decks.
- Ability to think creatively and evidence of success in developing brands and delivering them to market.
- Strong communication skills, an imaginative writer, and enthusiastic presenter with proficiency in Keynote.
DDB reaffirms its commitment to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and to carrying out this policy at all of its offices. It shall be the policy of DDB to (1) recruit, select, hire, train, promote, pay, discipline and terminate employees in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, alienage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other basis upon which discrimination against or harassment of employees or applicants for employment is prohibited under any applicable federal, state or local equal opportunity employment laws and (2) ensure that all personnel actions are administered without discrimination in violation of applicable law.