WHO WE ARE
DDB is a worldwide collection of talent, cultures and ideas united by the power of creativity. It's our fundamental belief that creativity is the most powerful force in business. Our strength lies in our individual areas of expertise, and how we best utilize them to deliver effective business results for complex problems.We are passionate about our craft and pursue excellence in all that we do. Last, but not least, (we think), we are fun to work with.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
DDB Vancouver is looking for a Web Developer to join our award-winning agency. The position will involve working on a large number of projects for both big-name clients and smaller, fast-growing clients.
The Web Developer should have strong back end experience as well as ability to do some front end work. This role will be working with PHP via open source CMS tools including Drupal, Craft CMS, WordPress and custom framework-based applications written on Laravel.
WHAT YOU HAVE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with modern PHP development
- Experience working with APIs from vendors or third-parties
- Interest (or experience) in DevOps:
- Hosting & deployments (AWS) and network operations
- Experience with templating frameworks (e.g. twig)
- Experience with CSS3 and CSS3 preprocessors (e.g. Sass)
- Understanding of website optimization techniques and guidelines for fast page load times
- Understanding of website accessibility beyond basic Aria implementation (strive for WCAG AA compliance)
- Knowledge of project management and bug tracking tools
- Experience with version control (particularly Git), testing and continuous integration
- Effective communication skills (code commentary and ticket updates as well as the ability to communicate directly with clients)
- Informed about latest developments in technology
- Contribute to the overall technical development processes
- Evaluate current IT infrastructure, identify technologies and initiate projects designed to improve security, scalability and reliability of the web related products
- Provide technologically viable and innovative solutions for execution of creative concepts
WHAT WE OFFER
DDB Canada offers a competitive compensation, great clients, fun office environment, an exceptional team of professionals to work with, and yes, even Hot Dog Days.
If this is you, please apply and send your cover letter & resume.
We thank all applicants in for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.