Art Director (mid-level)
What we believe
At DDB, we believe that creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach’s notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity, and overcome anything thrown their way.
Think you can help shape a new generation of work? Give us a shout.
What we need
- Create inspired visuals that fit the space, i.e. TV and radio scripts, social media content, digital ads, etc.
- See work through from rough concept to finish and ship.
- Responsible for successfully "directing" multiple aspects of the visual components of an ad campaign: print, television, or interactive, etc.
- Exhibit organizational skills when dealing with production partners. Have an understanding of how to work with and direct partners according to the concept, how to discuss talent, lighting, set design, post effects, and how these properties affect the final product.
- Responsible for understanding film. Should have a broad awareness of directors and their work and be able to identify their particular strengths and their appropriateness to a particular project.
- Comfortable presenting your work to Creative Directors and sometimes to Clients
- Work successfully with a Copywriter partner
- Take direction from CDs, GCDs and ECDs and show progress on feedback.
- Stays current and savvy to trends in advertising but also in culture in general.
- Seeks out improvement, training & growth opportunities
What is required
- 3+ years advertising experience
- A digital portfolio that shows a variety of produced, 360-degree campaigns
- Solid understanding of photography, illustration, typography, editing, transfer and shooting of commercials.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to push work to the next level
- Providing guidance/direction to others—thinking beyond their own work
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and PowerPoint
What you’ll love:
Rest and Relaxation – you’ll receive a minimum of 2 weeks paid time off depending on years of service as well as 4 person days and 15 paid holidays, including a week-long holiday break at the end of the year.
Summer Hours –Enjoy shortened work hours on Fridays beginning Memorial Day through Labor Day
Health Benefits – Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision, and gym membership discounts
Invest in yourself – After 1 year of service with DDB, employees will be reimbursed per calendar year for a limited amount of their tuition expenses. Enjoy our LinkedIn learning license for access to over 3,000+ online courses
Prepare for the future - 401(K) and employee stock options
DDB reaffirms its commitment to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and to carrying out this policy at all of its offices. It shall be the policy of DDB to (1) recruit, select, hire, train, promote, pay, discipline and terminate employees in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, alienage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other basis upon which discrimination against or harassment of employees or applicants for employment is prohibited under any applicable federal, state or local equal opportunity employment laws and (2) ensure that all personnel actions are administered without discrimination in violation of applicable law.