We all live in a connected world. We discover, engage, interact with and advocate for brands quicker than ever and in more places than ever. While at the same time, advertising has never been easier to avoid or ignore. Our job is not just to make ads. It’s to help our clients’ brands come to life in more of the right places more frequently and in a way that gets them noticed, remembered, chosen and loved.
DDB North America (NAM) looks to accelerate its evolution from traditional creative agency, driven to deliver famous ads, to a more modern creative collective obsessed with finding new ways for creativity to drive business growth. The change being undertaken is for the DDB NAM region to be a connected set of progressive creative agencies, staying ahead of clients, connected into the DDB Worldwide and Omnicom networks, and using these relationships to lead the next creative revolution in our industry. We are transitioning our agencies to become total consumer experience partners to our clients who will focus on applying creativity across the entirety of our clients businesses, not just the communications side.
Across DDB NAM, growth is everyone’s business. As talent is our most critical asset and an enabler of growth, your role is to bring to life our NAM regional people strategy. You partner with HR leadership to execute the ways we differentiate ourselves to achieve competitive advantage. You support our efforts in providing employee experiences that attract, engage and retain top diverse talent. And, you safeguard our agency culture, values and behaviours so that our people can achieve more than they ever imagined.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not exclusive to:
- You are driven by supporting the growth of our business and our clients’ business. You love the Win! Win!
- You are a passionate people person who prides yourself in helping others unlock their full potential.
- You are responsible for the tracking and entering all employee lifecycle actions in REACH for fulltime and freelance employees (hire, rehire, termination, data change, payrate change, title change, termination, LOA etc.)
- You are responsible for onboarding/offboarding of freelancers which includes: freelance offer letters, contract extensions (tracking and monitoring end dates).
- You are responsible for partnering with finance on semi-monthly EPIP submission to payroll.
- You love solving problems and will always find a solution whatever the challenge.
- You are a valued member of the HR team nurturing inclusive workplace environments where the best talents flourish, are engaged, can bring their whole selves to work and want to stay.
- You are an advocate and ally for diversity, equity and inclusion doing what it takes to improve the demographic of our workforce.
- You work with the HR Generalist and VP Talent and are responsible for:
- Ensure compliance with employee handbook acknowledgement, Omnicom IT security and Sexual Harassment training.
- You calendar all new employee onboarding agendas.
- You oversee information/data transfer for monthly payroll submissions as necessary to ensure changes to compensation and benefits are provided on a timely basis, ensuring all new hires/in-service changes are processed and necessary paperwork completed by payroll deadlines.
- You are responsible for document management ensuring all freelance personnel files are up to date (filing and ongoing compliance).
- You act as main liaison with PAIGE on opening/closing all PAIGE tickets and troubleshoot and escalate employee issues when necessary.
- Respond timely to all employment verifications and unemployment inquiries.
- You are constantly curious and always growing your knowledge and understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable federal and state laws.
- You don’t get frustrated by process and can calmly and efficiently manage reporting and information sharing requirements as stipulated by DDB Worldwide and Omnicom.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- You support the delivery of training and culture programs that develop employee skills and improve employee retention.
- You provide assistance in the maintenance of a reporting system that effectively evidences DE&I statistics.
- You find and utilize the best channels to optimize our DDB employer brand profile.
You are passionate about supporting leadership to build an agency full of the best talents.
- You are passionate about creativity, precision and business, understanding how your role contributes to driving employee and agency growth.
- You are an expert listener and communicator.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are experienced in handling a number of projects, operating within tight deadlines and can prioritize conflicting needs to progress matters expeditiously and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- You pride yourself in the ability to work independently in a high pace demanding environment on your own initiatives whilst being part of a wider team.
- You have a proactive approach to problem-solving with good decision-making capability
- You take pride in being accountable in all things ‘people’.
- You are, as DDB founder Bill Bernbach famously demanded of everyone at this agency, Talented and Nice.
- You always strive and go the extra mile.