Senior Project Manager
Candidate Experience and Skills Preferred:
- Ability to maintain focus under pressure, be thorough, and keep a positive attitude. Ability to understand the outcome, not just the process.
- Extremely high standards for work and behavior; accountable, reliable, and dependable. Acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to break down complex information.
- Proficient in project scoping, project planning, resource management, timeline creation, and risk management.
- Experience managing medium-to-large scale projects with various disciplines and stakeholders, including multi-agency teams. Be comfortable managing and influencing people who are not direct reports, as well as director-level and management personnel.
- Ability to drive multiple projects and streams of work concurrently while meeting deadlines and maintaining proper documentation and reporting.
- Ability to interact with and represent the team to a range of people, from entry-level to upper management and Leadership, including clients.
- Able to establish leadership on project with internal stakeholders and clients. Easily recognized as the person who can answer questions on projects, process, and everyday activities around the team and client. Gains trust to build productive and constructive relationships. Encourage an environment of teamwork and excellence.
- Ability to work independently to tackle problems and direct to solutions. Be highly adaptable, able to anticipate issues and needs before they arise and take the necessary steps to alleviate and/or mitigate.
- Leverage project management tools (Smartsheets, Workfront, etc.) to manage day-to-day operations, automate tasks, ensure quality, and promote process efficiencies.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite, Smartsheets, Workfront, JIRA.
Day-to-Day Core Competencies:
- Project Integration Management
- Keen understanding of integrating multi-agency and -discipline team across a project.
- Responsible for project communications and process adherence across multi-agency and -discipline teams.
- Project Scope Management
- Responsible for understanding project scope and preventing scope creep.
- Identify shifts in timing, deliverables, and resources while communicating potential impacts.
- Project Schedule Management
- Develop and manage project timelines based on hour needed to complete the deliverables required.
- Able to break project down into small pieces (stages) and understand the deliverables at each stage.
- Project Cost Management
- Determine and manage project burn reporting with finance team including tracking, mitigating, and reporting on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Partner with finance, account, creative, and production teams to ensure weekly and monthly tracking of budget and hours is accurate and within scope.
- Ensure client billing is accurate by tracking, reporting, evaluating, and controlling projects.
- Project Quality Management
- Working with Quality Control lead, ensure process, documentation, reporting, and other enhancements are enacted as needed in order to ensure client satisfaction and optimal product delivery.
- Capture lessons learned throughout a project and apply lessons to future projects, as well as develop and implement plans for best practice enhancements and improvements.
- Project Resource Management
- Engage and manage appropriate talent and resource allocation at all project stages.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking for resourcing all projects.
- Project Risk Management
- Manage and communicate with risk management tools on a daily basis.
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative risk management with skill and confidence. Ability to accurately articulate risk management/mitigation plans and escalate high risk issues with management.
- Define, manage, and mitigate risks, including taking a proactive, approach to solve issues before they arise or manage as they come up.
- Project Communication Management
- Ensure involvement of the appropriate teams during each project phase.
- Drive open and honest communications across all teams to ensure no roadblocks in projects.
- 3-6 years of project management experience within an advertising agency or with multi-agency teams across disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Solid track record of successfully leading projects from initiation to completion on time, on budget, and within scope, including resource management across disciplines.
- Complete understanding of principles of marketing and communications planning, including strategy, creative, and production practices.