DDB SF is the western-most outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name.
At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn't make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams and move target audiences to action.
We are currently seeking a Strategy Director to lead our statewide energy client. One part business strategist, one part content strategist, and one part data and analytics fan. This candidate will be responsible for applying their right-brain grey matter to the development of audience insights, brand vision, content strategy, and measurement planning. They will have an eye for breakthrough work and strive to lead clients to creative work that is both effective and famous.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages client relationships and proactively develops future campaign initiatives and thinking
- Leads client, agency partners, and others in development of a master plan that results in an integrated and successful campaign
- Synthesizes technical information into more digestible and accessible ideas that inspire more relatable creative solutions
- Develops creatively inspiring briefs and propositions to drive clarity in the quality of creative work in the group
- Inspires internal teams, clients, and external teams in how strategic communications can be used to bring ideas to life, ensuring that the creative team have a sophisticated understanding of how the product works and how we can highlight unique benefits or strengths
- Analyze short and medium-term goals and determine team objectives and identify the necessary critical tasks to achieve these objectives
- Is seen as the Strategy Champion for training and development and facilitates organizational learning when it comes to planning tools and practices, as well as, promoting knowledge and sharing
- Engenders respect and builds effective relationships with business partners at the appropriate levels
- 6-8 years strong brand planning experience (may currently be a Sr Strategist, but working at a Director level)
- Digital native, who is comfortable building integrated campaigns and utilizing content strategy and playing to different channel strengths to increase audience impact
- Analytics experience - knowledge of correct metrics to use, quantitative analysis of marketing efforts and results, and how to utilize metrics to improve campaigns
- Adept at working with creative teams from briefing and conception into production, and passionate about bringing new thinking to the ideation process
- Strong communication skills, a gifted writer, comfortable presenting and leading meetings with mid to high level clients and colleagues.
- An appetite/talent for simplifying the complex and creating inspiring, interesting briefs where others might fear to tread
- Ability to manage multiple work streams seamlessly and independently
- A keen and curious mind that helps brands take inspired leaps rooted in cultural insights
- The ability to not just deduce and distill, but also to project and inspire
- A true team player that has the ability to collaborate with clients and multiple agency partners on strategies
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.