Java Web Developer
Java Web Developer
We are looking for a solid Java Web Developer to work closely with the Technical Lead, developing code on time and to budget, and to do so in a manner that meets the client’s requirements and continues to improve the quality of the project.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Demonstrating that the code meets requirements
- Analysing the client’s functional requirements
- Documenting work packages and deployment guidelines
- Estimating, planning, and delivering work under the guidance and support of the Technical Lead and Project Managers
- Providing technical advice to the Project Managers and Account Managers
- Comprehensive knowledge of development using Java, with over 3 years commercial experience
- Ability to produce well-structured, testable and maintainable code
- Experience developing functionally rich, high traffic and high availability websites
- Comfortable working with a CLI and Linux environments, such as CentOS
- Working knowledge of applicable Internet standards and protocols
- Knowledge and experience of Java web frameworks such as Spring
- Knowledge and experience of build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Knowledge and experience of continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience of testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Knowledge and experience of source control systems such as Git
- Experience using RESTful API end-points
- Good working knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL
The successful candidate will:
- Work effectively with other team members across disciplines
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Pay attention to detail and have a commitment to quality
- Be eager to learn and apply new skills and technologies
- Take ownership and solve problems in a resourceful and professional manner
- Be committed to keeping their skills and knowledge up-to-date by following industry trends, attending conferences/talks and having relevant certifications
We’re Tribal Worldwide London.
We create the world’s most loved digital experiences.
We’re creative people. We’re technology people. We’re strategic people.
But most of all, we’re people people. We ideate, innovate, learn and iterate.
A specialist digital agency, we’ve been creating award-winning work for clients like Volkswagen, O2, Morrisons, Guinness, Exxon Mobil and Fitness First for 20 years.
A Tribal person is a blend of passion, dedication and imagination. You think big and you work hard. You can see the whole picture and you care about the details. You want to make work that’s real, connected and great. Come and join us.
N.B. This job description will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise. Successful applicants will also be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and provide documentary evidence to support such status.