Mission Lead - VP, Account Director US ARMY
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with team and client management counterparts. Assists in setting the direction for the account by leading
• Business and Category Acumen: Leads the account management team in creating innovative marketing solutions in a clear and smart manner. Can lead
• Developing People: Establishes the work ethic expectation.
• Inspiration and Direction: Acts as the energizer that sparks team motivation toward success. Recognizes the dynamics of a highly charged, creatively driven advertising agency. Knows how to smooth out frayed edges while respecting emotions. Fosters a positive work environment with maturity and good judgment.
• Idea Catalyst: Guides the team on areas to be explored. Knows when we are on to something and can galvanize the group around it. Helps pre-sell and pave the way by refining ideas into a more formalized POV to be shared internally or externally.
• Creative Advocacy: Takes a leadership role in creating an environment and atmosphere that encourages the pursuit of big ideas. Can diplomatically push creative envelope while keeping a knowing eye on where the boundaries lay. Guides the development of a sell-in strategy in partnership with Strategy and Creative teams,
• Critical Thinking, Both Intuitive and Analytical: Is comfortable with data—can dig and tell a story in several ways. Asks the right probing questions.
• Persuasion Skills: Can confidently present CMO level deck—able to think on his/her feet, redirect when necessary and answer questions confidently. can command a room. Can comfortably go off script. Can persuade through a combination of thoughtful logic and emotion.
• Operational Excellence: Looks ahead. Plans ahead. Stays ahead. Pulls together the right people to solve the problem. Brings smart thinking to the client while operating for agency growth and profitability.
• Requires at least 7-12+ years’ experience in marketing or communications
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Confidence to lead teams and represent the agency
• Fosters effective teamwork and strong relationships
• Strong problem-solving skills, initiative, and consistently adds value.
• Great creative instincts and passion for helping develop and sell
• Commands and fosters an environment of respect and trust
• Adaptable and flexible
DDB reaffirms its commitment to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and to carrying out this policy at all of its offices. It shall be the policy of DDB to (1) recruit, select, hire, train, promote, pay, discipline and terminate employees in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, alienage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other basis upon which discrimination against or harassment of employees or applicants for employment is prohibited under any applicable federal, state or local equal opportunity employment laws and (2) ensure that all personnel actions are administered without discrimination in violation of applicable law.