Senior Data Analyst
Data Science at Tribal
Data is everywhere and everyone is collecting it. However, not everyone knows how to leverage it for growth, competitive advantage and delivering a superior customer experience.
As organisations collect more and more data about their business and customers, harnessing the value of that data becomes ever more important for achieving strategic goals.
We help organisations refine value from the raw data they collect through advanced data science. We report and visualise what the data is telling brands about their business and customers, use predictive analytics to determine how they should respond, and then through the application of data science techniques operationalise this knowledge to improve their digital offering.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our growing data science practice, which is a Partnership between Subatomic Analytics and Tribal worldwide London, for a Senior Data Analyst. The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting the delivery of actionable and impactful insight, based on data from various sources, but primarily Adobe Analytics.
This position will allow the successful candidate to make a real difference by driving change through recommendations and optimisation for our clients’ digital initiatives including: websites, apps and digital campaigns.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate skills across the following areas;
Insight and Analytics
- Highly proficient in Adobe Analytics with several years experience in using Adobe Analytics on a day to day basis
- Extremely confident in providing tracking specifications to developers for implementation and previous experience of doing so is a must
- Understands the technical aspects of how digital data is collected and can guide the software/web development teams through a tracking and tagging schema
- Able to trouble shoot any tagging or data collection issues both by debugging the website and also within Adobe Analytics itself
- Experienced in building reports and dashboards using the Report Builder or Workspace tools within Adobe Analytics
- Understand how campaign tracking works and be able to formulate campaign tracking logic
- Working knowledge of creating campaign and email tracking code for media agencies
- Able to create processing rules and calculated metrics in Adobe Analytics and know how to decipher them
- Able to create custom variables and properties in Adobe Analytics
- Able to work out how the custom variables and properties have been collected and what they mean
- Understand how data from apps is collected and the various tools available to collect and report on the data
- Be able to take numbers and provide context, meaning and insights for the client, which should lead to recommendations to make changes or optimise existing activities
- Help clients understand what these numbers mean for them and what changes they need to make to improve performance of their digital properties
- Experience of and presenting findings from survey data, and what it means to the client
- Where problems occur with numbers, be able to identify the source of the problem, whether that be tagging issues, formula issues in excel or using incorrect custom metrics
- Always paying attention to detail so that problems can be spotted before they go to the client
- Help clients understand what they want from the data, so it helps them answer the business question, this will include gathering business requirements and formulating briefs
- Improving data quality and robustness by putting processes in place to ensure data is always accurate
- Where possible, identifying opportunities to improve reports and dashboards and other aspects of client deliverables
- Automating extraction and creation of reports in Excel or other 3rd party tools
- Have the confidence and experience to advise and guide less-experienced colleagues within the Data Science team.
- Able to work closely with the other analysts to deliver all client briefs
- Coordinating with the team to assign roles and responsibilities to get weekly and monthly reports out to the clients on time and to a high standard
- Be the key contact for the Technology team to advise on tagging/tracking issues
- Have regular calls/meetings with the rest of the Data Science team and the wider Tribal team to keep abreast of all client developments as well as updating everyone else
- Help manage a project planner with the rest of the team to prioritise and schedule all requests, alongside using JIRA to keep track of the requests progress
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Able to convey complicated numbers in simple graphs and charts
- Good at using Microsoft Powerpoint to create compelling reports
- Able to manage their time and project manage their own work