At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn't make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams and move target audiences to action.
We are currently seeking a Strategy Director to lead our statewide energy client and assist our Head of Strategy on new business pitches and other clients as projects come in. One part creative strategist, one part content strategist, and one part data and analytics fan. This candidate will be responsible for applying their right-brain grey matter to the development of audience insights, brand vision, content strategy, and measurement planning and left-brain sheparding award-worthy creative. They will have an eye for breakthrough work and strive to lead clients to creative that is both effective and famous.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages client relationships and proactively develops future campaign initiatives and thinking.
- Leads client, agency partners, and others in development of a master plan that results in an integrated and successful campaign.
- Synthesizes technical information into more digestible and accessible ideas that inspire more relatable creative solutions.
- Maps customer journies and identifies opportunities for creative solutions that enhance the full customer continuum.
- Develops creatively inspiring briefs and propositions to drive clarity in the quality of creative work in the group.
- Inspires internal teams, clients, and external teams in how strategic communications can be used to bring ideas to life, ensuring that the creative team have a sophisticated understanding of how the product works and how we can highlight unique benefits or strengths.
- Analyze short and medium-term goals and determine team objectives and identify the necessary critical tasks to achieve these objectives.
- Is seen as the Strategy Champion for training and development and facilitates organizational learning when it comes to planning tools and practices, as well as, promoting knowledge and sharing.
- Engenders respect and builds effective relationships with business partners at the appropriate levels.
- 7-10 years with strong brand planning experience
- Digital native, who is comfortable building integrated campaigns and utilizing content strategy and playing to different channel strengths to increase audience impact.
- Analytics experience - knowledge of correct metrics to use, quantitative analysis of marketing efforts and results, and how to utilize metrics to improve campaigns
- Adept at working with creative teams from briefing and conception into production, and passionate about bringing new thinking to the ideation process.
- Strong communication skills, a gifted writer, comfortable presenting and leading meetings with mid to high level clients and colleagues.
- An appetite/talent for simplifying the complex and creating inspiring, interesting briefs where others might fear to tread.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams seamlessly and independently.
- A keen and curious mind that helps brands take inspired leaps rooted in cultural insights.
- The ability to not just deduce and distill, but also to project and inspire.
- A true team player that has the ability to collaborate with clients and multiple agency partners on strategies.
DDB SF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB SF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. DDB SF will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.