Associate Strategy Director
Position Title: Associate Strategy Director (Digital Strategy Focus)
Location:Chicago preferred/NYC remote; Full-Time
The ideal candidate is someone with a mix of strong digital and social media acumen, and proven experience across Comms Planning, CRM, and/or UX disciplines.
Should have demonstrated skills in mapping out ecosystems and architectures for campaigns, providing platform expertise and innovation opportunities, and ideating with creatives and digital partners to optimize execution.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about digital and social media platforms and partner relationships as well as consumer behavior at large. This role is very client facing, and so the candidate must have impeccable attention to detail and strong oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of how the client business and account operates for the agency.
- Has strong knowledge of client business and how the target behaves in digital channels.
- Lead and assist in the development of various deliverables like playbooks, campaign strategies, response plans, POVs, trends and reports.
- Proactive in monitoring community, culture and brand conversation, insights and ideas for the brand to act on.
- Reactive in responding to client questions, requests or needs while always taking a beat to think through the right approach and long-term implications.
- Keep tabs on the competitive landscape and share industry news/innovations in the digital space on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to lead day-to-day workstreams, handling incoming questions, mapping out ecosystems for campaigns – be the brand steward.
- Contribute to platform expertise for digital partners.
- Ideate with creatives on innovative ways to use platforms and partners.
- Educate both agency and client on best practices and digital trends as they evolve, making sure our brands are always developing and distributing best in class work.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with appropriate Client contacts and partner agency network.
- Establish strong relationships with internal team members across all agency departments, particularly creative teams.
- Collaborate closely with project managers & account team to manage expectations and get to delivery of an ongoing, high volume of creative assets.
- Be the last check before “go live” to ensure brand TOV/personality and serve as the voice in both engagement and content.
- 5-7 years of experience in strategic planning, preferably at an agency where they have experience in balancing multiple brands/streams of work.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple clients and projects.
- Excitement to dig into always-on creative optimization and ability to tell a compelling story through reporting.
- Comfort working with teams at all levels. DDB is a very collaborative environment and we value input from various departments and backgrounds.
- Resilient – help to build a comms/CRM/UX culture inside the agency and with the client.
- Must provide relevant work samples or website link for review.