Junior UX Designer
A Tribal Worldwide Junior User Experience Designer covers a broad range of activities from research to detailed solutions design.
You will be responsible for helping to design, develop and document the structure of interactive digital experiences, including but not limited to responsive web sites, mobile applications or offline installations.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Learning to understand target audiences' needs, tasks, goals and translating them into creative concepts and functional components.
- Supporting the team in translating business requirements into involving interactive experiences.
- Contribute to the development of user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus the team’s design efforts on the needs of key users.
- Conduct structured competitor and comparator reviews and other market research activities.
- Working alongside other UX and UI designers to develop user journeys that motivate users to engage fully with the interactive concept.
- Helping create the information architecture for marketing, informational and transactional websites.
- Supporting the development and documentation of detailed user experience specifications, wireframes, component mapping for interactive interfaces.
- Supporting development of prototypes for internal validation and demonstration of concepts to clients.
- Helping plan, facilitate and document user research, concept testing, and usability testing.
As a digital agency of record, we respond to a wide range of client needs, so no two briefs will be the same. The role demands collaboration with project teams and support for other UX staff in the execution of all UX deliverables.
We are looking for an energetic, keen to learn through hands on experience and self-motivated individual to join our existing experienced UX team.
We need someone capable in most, if not all, of these:
- Demonstrated ability to execute Information Architecture on simple transactional and or experiential web interfaces.
- Limited experience in preparing formal deliverables for client engagements, including user journeys, wireframes, flows, site maps and functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with the principles of user-centred design.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Readiness on occasion to extend his/her role to include activities normally associated with other disciplines.
- Familiarity with Mac OS and experience of diagram design tools such as Sketch, Visio or equivalent.
- Familiarity with skills associated with social networking tools and mobile user interfaces would be an advantage.
Ideally you should also have:
- 1-year experience working as a UX practitioner at a digital agency.
- Training in UX concepts, perhaps in a university program.
- Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field, such as Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Technical Communications, English, History, Anthropology, Economics.
We’d be really interested to know if you have:
- Experience of approaches, techniques and tools of Service Design including customer experience mapping, service blueprints, empathy mapping etc.
- Exposure to creating experiences employing virtual reality, mixed reality or augmented reality technologies.
- Designed experiences employing voice interface.
- Worked on projects that have addressed the growing opportunities around bridging online and real-world experiences.