Associate Strategy Director
At DDB, we believe creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
Think you can shape a new generation of work? Give us a shout.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how the client business and account operates for the agency.
- Reactive in responding to client questions, requests or needs while always taking a beat to think through the right approach and long-term implications to turn client business problems into creative opportunities.
- Think strategically about what’s going on in culture and with core target audiences surfacing insights and ideas on a proactive basis.
- Lead and assist in the development of various deliverables like campaign strategies, POVs, thought leadership presentations, trends and reporting.
- Keep tabs on the competitive landscape and share industry news/innovations on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to lead day-to-day workstreams, handling incoming questions, mapping out ecosystems for campaigns – be the brand steward.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with appropriate Client contacts and partner agencies.
- Attend client led work sessions and partner with R&D to develop claims and new product benefit territories for new innovation and existing products.
- Establish strong relationships with internal team members across all agency departments, particularly creative teams.
- Collaborate closely with project managers & account team to manage expectations and get to delivery of an ongoing, high volume of creative assets.
- 6-7 years of experience in strategic planning, where they have experience in balancing multiple brands/streams of work. Beauty experience ideal, but not required.
- Have a passion for building brands through digital, social and other non-traditional platforms.
- Experience creating strategies across integrated 360 campaigns – preferably ones that are digital or social led, but also include TV, print, OOH.
- Experience working with digitally native brands, multi-cultural audiences and being extremely tapped into culture, Gen Z and Millennials a big plus.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple clients and projects.
- Excitement to dig into consumer research and ability to tell a compelling story through reporting.
- Comfort working with teams at all levels. DDB is a very collaborative environment and we value input from various departments and backgrounds.
- Must provide relevant work samples or website link for review.