Marketing Data Analyst
At DDB Canada we fully believe in the power of creativity to touch hearts, change minds and build brands. We are a unique collection of talented strategists, analysts, creatives, account managers and administrators working together to help showcase our vision across our growing roster of world-class clients.
The Data Marketing Analyst will pair their considerable digital marketing experience with skills in data collection and analytics to deliver valuable insights and evidence-driven strategy for our internal teams and clients. In this role, you will be driven to find ways to solve complex challenges that may involve creative, strategic, technical and analytical aspects. They must have experience in finding and applying data-driven insights to lead business and marketing strategy. They will be a strong and confident communicator, who is adaptable to many different levels of data availability, analytics maturity and toolsets.
This role will be incredibly dynamic, and will encompass at least the following responsibilities;
· Work directly with clients, team members and senior leadership to develop analytics strategy
· Improve profitability and drive revenue through creating effective KPIs and optimization of metrics that affect them
· Guide the development of key processes by supporting, prioritizing, defining, and gathering needs for the cross-functional projects; convert this data into business narratives for areas of development
· Lead analytics on projects of varying sizes and complexity, including report automation, data visualization, tool implementation requirements gathering and documentation, split testing, and ad hoc analysis and data mining
· Ensure the integrity of analytics data by ensuring policies around data governance and working with agency and client teams to provide tools and training
· Drive strategy for customer acquisition and customer conversion by developing models, forecasts, and analyses that are based on previous activity and benchmark data
· Interpret analytical findings and/or recommend an approach and solution(s) that are relative to the strategic objectives of the project, company, and stakeholder needs
· Use advanced analytics techniques on large data sets for the purpose of delivering ad hoc analyses and insights; formulate analytics-enabled solutions in an online advertising environment
· Facilitate and perform consistent and reliable data collection, utilizing primary and secondary research methods; perform analysis for testing, targeting, creative and offers
· Creation of post campaign reporting and work with design teams to build engaging data visualization
· Curious, self-starter, works independently and within a team environment
· Undergraduate degree in social sciences, business, computer science, mathematics or related quantitative discipline
· 1-3+ years analytical experience: strong presentation skills, flexible, adaptable, resourceful, assertive & proactive, able to simplify and package complex ideas for presentation
· Deep knowledge of digital, social and mobile marketing principles within the context of broader mass communications
· Experience in using analytics to effectively drive digital strategy and business transformation
· Keen ability to work within a team, with experience of project ownership/leadership
· A strategic and analytical in approach to your work; thoughtful, goal-oriented
· Experience with marketing attribution modeling
· Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering and documentation for web analytics implementation including KPI development, tagging and report automation.
· Intermediate level capabilities with SQL
· Intermediate level capabilities with Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics
· Familiarity with R and/or Python
· Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain focus while working on multiple complex projects
Bonus Points for:
· Experience with Tableau
· Proficiency with statistical analysis (regression models, cluster or factor analysis)
DDB Canada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also an inclusive employer and offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.