Director of Program Management
At DDB, we believe creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
Think you can shape a new generation of work? Give us a shout.
We are currently seeking a Director of Program Management for one of our CPG clients.
At DDB, our project managers are the lead of flight control for getting our work completed on time, on budget, and within scope and act as the hub that drives all work through our processes. The Project Management team sets the bar for problem solving and decisiveness across the agency team and functional groups to effectively lead the team to the best outcome for our clients.
Candidate Experience and Skills Preferred:
- Ability to assess current ways of work and build out a best-in-class project management function. Includes setting vision, implement process, standard operating procedures, championing new tools, and building a cohesive and efficient team.
- Deep understanding of agile or related methodologies and implementing them in practice. Experience with helping teams to produce work faster and more efficiently.
- Experience managing multiple large-scale projects simultaneously with various disciplines and stakeholders, including multi-agency teams. Be comfortable managing and influencing people who are not direct reports, as well as director-level and management personnel.
- Ability to maintain focus under pressure, be thorough, and keep a positive attitude. Ability to think outside the box and understand the outcome, not just the process.
- Extremely high standards for work and behavior; accountable, reliable, and dependable. Acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to break down complex information.
- Highly proficient in project scoping, project planning, resource management, timeline creation, budget management and risk management.
- Ability to interact with and represent the team to a range of people, from entry-level to upper management and Leadership, including clients.
- Able to establish leadership on project and overall programs with internal stakeholders and clients. Easily recognized as the person who can answer questions on projects, process, and everyday activities around the team and client. Gains trust to build productive and constructive relationships. Encourage an environment of teamwork and excellence.
- Ability to work independently to tackle problems and direct to solutions. Be highly adaptable, able to anticipate issues and needs before they arise and take the necessary steps to alleviate and/or mitigate.
- Leverage project management tools (Smartsheets, Workfront, etc.) to manage day-to-day operations, automate tasks, ensure quality, and promote process efficiencies.
- Knowledge and experience with Smartsheets, Workfront, JIRA Microsoft Suite.
- 8+years of project management experience within amarketing agency or with multi-agency teams across disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA a plus.
- Complete understanding of principles of marketing and communications planning, including strategy, creative, and production practices.
- Experience across digital, social, ecommerce and traditional.
- Knowledge of Agile, Waterfall, Kanban, Lean, or other project management methodologies.
- PMP, CPM, CSM or related certifications a plus.
DDB NY is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB NY does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.