Social Media Manager
BE A SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER AT DDB
We all live in a connected world. We discover, engage, interact with and advocate for brands quicker than ever and in more places than ever. While at the same time, advertising has never been easier to avoid or ignore. Our job is not just to make ads. It’s to help our clients’ brands come to life in more of the right places more frequently and in a way that gets them noticed, remembered, chosen and loved.
Across the DDB global network, growth is everyone’s business. Our brand profile is a critical enabler in increasing the value of our network, providing employees with a clear sense of identity and building and creating stickiness for current and future client relationships. We are looking for a powerful influencer to join our team. An expert who can develop best-in-class social media strategy and creative content bringing DDB’s positioning and creativity to life across digital and multiple social media platforms.
What will you be working on?
We are seeking a Social Media Manager who will be responsible for developing and designing all social media assets for the DDB Worldwide owned assets. You are passionate about creativity and storytelling, are an unlimited source of creative, original ideas to shape content that people want to spend time with and talk to others about.
If you’re looking for the same, DDB is right for you.
A week in the life of a Social Media Manager AT DDB
You’ll join us at our NY HQ location, where you’ll work with senior staff to create strategies and content for DDB’s positioning. Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing, you’ll be accountable for:
- All day-to-day management of DDB social media channels, including producing regular posts and content, moderation, outreach and any other appropriate duties.
- Keep a pulse on and tap into emerging topics and social media conversations relevant to the advertising/marketing industry to ensure DDB is (when appropriate) a part of those conversations
- Design, when needed, emails and newsletters to support internal communications efforts
- Collaborate with broader DDB creative team and Global Creative Council as needed on the development and approval of creative assets
- Ensure DDB’s engagement across all channels is appropriate, balanced, proactive and as real time as possible
- Monitor and report analytics on a monthly basis to Global Head of Marketing and Global Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, constantly bringing new ideas for improvement.
What are the core skills and experience we’re after?
- Must possess incredible agility and ability to shift and adapt strategies and/or content as needed, depending on relevant planned, as well as breaking news within the industry
- Must have solid content creation experience and ideally, social media writing skills to reflect DDB’s tone of voice, with examples showcasing prior success
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design, developing and managing a social media content calendar with ability drive content plans, report updates and general campaign analytics to DDB’s Global MarComms team
- Ability to concept and create animated GIFs and short form videos tailored to fit multiple social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Clubhouse, YouTube, etc)
- Experience in developing and implementing new digital approaches and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working across different teams to inform and produce balanced content
- Strong attention to visual detail
- Experience with 3rd party email tools such as Mailchimp
- Understanding and monitoring of social media marketing best practices
- Strong design and typography skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint)
- Adept at using enterprise level social media management and social listening tools (e.g. Meltwater, Spredfast, Sprinklr, Percolate, Conversocial, Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon)
What you’ll need to succeed?
- You are passionate about creativity and business, understanding how your role contributes to our network growth goals
- You have excellent copywriting skills and proven track record of writing for a range of audiences notably with a strength in creating emotive copy
- You are experienced in working at a tactical and strategic level
- You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do, you are resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge
- You pride yourself in the ability to work independently in a high pace demanding environment on your own initiatives whilst being part of a wider team
- You are an expert listener and communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are, as our DDB founder Bill Bernbach famously demanded of everyone at this agency, Talented and Nice
DDB is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. DDB does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. DDB will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner similar with local laws. Our goal is to be actively unbiased and positively inclusive workplace.