DDB SF is the western-most outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name. Our clients reflect that: Energy Upgrade California, Norton and iShares.
At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn't make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams.
As a designer you are responsible for the visual tone, appearance, functionality, and overall aesthetic of a client project. Designers are an integral part of the concept process and realize the team’s ideas from sketch to final layout through visually exciting executions. They are integral partners to the Art Director/Copywriter team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists creatives in establishing visual tone, character, and messages that will effectively communicate with the target audience and fulfill the project objectives.
- Ensures compatibility of design and functionality for optimum marketing and communication value.
- Responsible for the proper and accurate position of every pixel within a client project.
- Partners with creatives to define best execution methodologies and ensure smooth transfer of deliverables.
- Constantly explores online design innovations and groundbreaking media techniques that may enhance a client’s marketing message.
- Works daily with team and/or Project Manager to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within budget.
- Seeks approvals from creative directors on all work before delivery to Account or Client.
- Participates in brainstorms.
- Assists in developing presentation materials for business development projects.
- Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve DDB’s creative product.
- Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality.
Must possess at least two years experience as a graphic designer for an ad agency or web development firm.
Proven highly versatile design skills. Portfolio necessary.
Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and other graphic production software. Ability to work in Dreamweaver (or other html editing software).
B.A. in graphic design, Communication Arts, or equivalent