Senior Finance Manager
WHO WE ARE
DDB is a worldwide collection of talent, cultures and ideas united by the power of creativity. It's our fundamental belief that creativity is the most powerful force in business. Our strength lies in our individual areas of expertise, and how we best utilize them to deliver effective business results for complex problems. We are passionate about our craft and pursue excellence in all that we do.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
DDB Canada is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to be responsible for DDB Canada operations in Vancouver and Edmonton, with the position based out of Vancouver. As a member of the Vancouver Management Team, the Senior Finance Manager will work closely with the CFO of DDB Canada and the Presidents of DDB Vancouver and Edmonton in ensuring the financial and strategic direction of the operation. Having gained a detailed knowledge of the business, the Senior Finance Manager will be instrumental in driving efficiencies throughout the Vancouver and Edmonton operations specifically in financial and management reporting and planning.
The Senior Finance Manager plans, directs and controls the organization’s overall financial plans and policies along with its accounting practices. Develops and coordinates necessary and appropriate accounting and statistical data for all divisions of the business. The Senior Finance Manager is also responsible for all Omnicom Corporate compliance in areas of Code of Conduct, Grant of Authority, Anti-Bribery Policy and SOX.
The Senior Finance Manager reports to the CFO of DDB Canada, with a dotted line to the Presidents of DDB Vancouver and Edmonton. S/he will work closely with the DDB Group Shared Services (Finance and IT) and Divisional Directors. They will also supervise and manage the Vancouver Billing/AP Team.
The Senior Finance Manager is responsible for the initiation of standardized controls, reporting policies and procedures for the Agency. The incumbent will provide thought leadership and define rapidly growing financial responsibilities, influence key leaders in financial matters, and support key accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Presidents and CFO about agency’s financial status.
- Review and negotiate client-agency agreements and contracts.
- Overall responsibility for all statutory reporting requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Counsel with DDB Group in “best practices” and implement consistent financial policies.
- Create annual business plan, monthly forecasts/reforecasts and analysis
- Generate excellent client relations and satisfactory billing procedures and performance.
- Understand the financial application and automate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial system.
- Provide timely management information.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of organization budget programs and meet budgetary targets.
- Analyze costs for operation’s overhead expenses to ensure efficiency.
- Provide valuable input and guidance into negotiations and operational development.
- Review of capital expenditures proposals.
- Interact with DDB Leadership Team in planning and forecasting areas
- Establish guidelines, metrics and benchmarking for formulating reporting of profit and loss.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required by management
- Manage the timesheet approval processes and ensure accurate time reporting
WHAT YOU HAVE
The ideal candidate will have:
- The mentality of "doing what is right over what is convenient"
- Full cycle accounting experience
- Sound, decisive quantitative/qualitative analytic skills
- Proactive, “roll-up-the-sleeves”, hands-on leader
- Excellent project management and implementation skills
- Service/Client oriented
- Strong negotiation skills
- Flexible leadership and management style
- The ability to drive change
- Excellent leadership/mentor/teambuilding skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Skilled communicator/superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic, creative, independent analytic “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Operational / organizational acumen
- Undergraduate degree
- A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience in a financial/accounting/audit role.
- CPA designation and 3-6 years in a mid to large agenc(ies) or communications or services sector preferred
- Experience working in an accounting firm, an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
DDB Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great clients, fun office environment, an exceptional team of professionals to work with, and yes, even Hot Dog Days.
If this is you, apply online or send your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in for their interest, and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.