Sr. Art Director
The Sr. Art Director, typically work with a Sr. Copywriter partner. The Sr. Art Director/ Sr. Copywriter team is responsible for executing the creative and marketing strategy for all projects. Sr. Art Directors manage and direct the work of production design staff, external creative resources such as illustrators, photographers, and video/multimedia providers. Sr. Art directors must possess written and presentation skills and reports directly to the CD of assigned team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Establishes visual tone, character, and messages that will effectively communicate with the target audience and fulfill the project objectives.
* Responsible for the proper placement, context and meaning of every image and graphic element within a creative assignment.
* Assists CD's and in commissioning and management of outside illustrators, photographers, comp artists, and video producers. Proactively defines and assembles all necessary content assets with the creative staff.
* Works daily with the Project Manager or Account Team to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within budget.
* Seeks approvals from CD's on all work before delivery to Account or Client.
* Participates in (and may lead) brainstorms.
* Assists in developing presentation materials for business development projects.
* Assists CD in presenting work to client.
* Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve DDB’s creative product.
* Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality.
Organizational Relationships and Contacts
* Reports to CD's.
* Partners with Sr. Copywriter.
* Directs the work of external creative vendors.
* Collaborates with mainline agency counterparts.
* Proven highly versatile design skills. Portfolio necessary.
* Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Dreamweaver (or other html editing software). Familiarity with KeyNote is also desirable.
* B.A. in graphic design, Communication Arts, or equivalent
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.