Business Affairs Manager
At DDB, we believe creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
Think you can shape a new generation of work? Give us a shout.
We are looking to add a Business Manager to our team.
The Business Manager acts as a liaison between Producers, Finance and the Business Affairs team. Most importantly this role supports the producer. This role reports directly to the Director of Broadcast Business Affairs.
- Prepare and process all talent contracts
- Negotiates music licenses, then estimates and payments
- Oversees performers union disputes, audits, fines, etc.
- Generate all production estimates, working with Producers on reviewing all bids as necessary and requested
- Open and close jobs on time as appropriate
- Generate Purchase Orders
- Prepare and send out all production award paperwork, including production contracts, Insurance Declarations and PO’s
- Monitor Job Status Reports for ongoing and final billing
- Work with Finance to receive vendor invoices and issue payments on time and with accuracy
- Prepares Talent Short contracts for International Shoots
- Minimum three (3) years of previous agency, specifically within Broadcast Production or Business Affairs
- Must have working knowledge of Production process
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills a must.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects and work under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal relations and problem-solving skills; to anticipate problems and articulate solutions.
- Ability to consistently display a professional demeanor and stay cool under pressure.
- Word, Excel, and DDS proficiencies are a must.
DDB NY is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB NY does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.