The Senior Strategist is responsible for overseeing development of strategy and creative briefings. It is their role to distill data and knowledge to a core proposition that provides a springboard for the creative team to produce advertising ideas that solve defined business problems. The Senior Strategist is an integral part of the agency, working closely with creative, account handlers and clients to ensure a solid and confident understanding of consumer attitudes and reactions is brought to bear at every stage of development of an advertising campaign.
Knowledge within digital and social media space preferred.
- Leads and participates in strategy development initiatives for clients and new business
- Understands the dynamics of the client’s business and the sector in which it operates leveraging this understanding to identify new business opportunities
- Identifies opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to client business
- Creates new ways to think about the brand that solves its challenges
- Develops sound and creatively inspiring briefs and propositions to drive the quality of creative work in the group
- Ensures all deliverables required from the strategy group, internally and externally, are provided in an efficient and timely manner
- Orchestrates all brand planning, strategic planning and analytical activity for key accounts within the agency
- Explores opportunities to expand the brand into new communications channels
- Is cognitive of the financial implications of any recommendations made against the client brief
Knowledge & Skills
- Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends, and keeps current on industry issues relevant to their clients business
- Defines opportunities, collects information, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions based drawn from a variety of sources
- Understands and ensures the proper use of all DDB planning tools
- Moderates focus groups ensuring that the data collected is interpreted correctly before making recommendations
- Recommends and implements research that will aid in the consumer insight and strategy process
- Understands all disciplines and communications channels; account, digital, creative, direct marketing, sales promotion, media, etc.
Experience across a variety of communications channels and business categories
- Undergraduate degree in an associated field
- 3-6 years experience as strategist or equivalent
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills