DDB SF is the westernmost outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name. Our clients reflect that: Energy Upgrade California, Norton and VMWare.
At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn't make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams.
Copywriters work in creative partnership with an art director to conceive, develop and produce effective advertising.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Meeting the account management and strategy teams to discuss client requirements and product background.
- Brainstorming ideas and concepts.
- Working in a close-knit creative partnership with the art director to generate workable concepts and ideas.
- Writing clear, persuasive, original copy.
- Submitting ideas and discussing progress with the creative director before making presentations to clients.
- Amending, revising or redeveloping campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director or clients.
- Working on several campaigns at once, under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar.
- Overseeing campaigns through the production stage to completion.
- Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends.
- Write 'copy', i.e. coming up with original catchphrases, slogans, messages and straplines.
- Write all the wording in any type of advertising, such as but not limited to:
If the following describes you, we'd love to hear from you:
- Have a keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of social trends and technologies.
- Have exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects with diverse audiences.
- Are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands.
- Demonstrated and extraordinary communication skills and meticulous eye for detail.
- You are restless, curious and passionate.
- You bring positive energy to everything you create and everyone you meet.
- You are always exploring, inventing and creating.
- You have a genuine belief in respect and tolerance.
* Must possess at least 2 years experience as an copywriter for an ad agency
* Portfolio necessary.
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.