Commercial Finance Assistant
Aims of position:
To support the Commercial Analyst, Commercial Manager and Commercial Director in financial management and reporting. To work with everyone in the digital division (and finance division) in managing all operational and financial aspects. This role reports directly to the Commercial Director.
This position sits within the Tribal Operations team and is a vital part of the Commercial Team, maintaining the team’s high standards and respect across the agency. It’s an opportunity to balance financial queries and interact with a variety of employees across all departments in Tribal.
- To assist the Commercial Analyst with month end income reporting and forecasting by client.
- Running and issuing operational management and realisation reports on a weekly basis, examining and analysing both financial and operational aspects of the business.
- Business partnering with the Client Services team to ensure the financial accuracy of each brand is maintained, assisting the Commercial team in managing WIP balances, aged AR and income accruals.
- Analysing and issuing finance reports, policy documents and to communicate such policies and procedures to the agency when necessary.
- Assisting the Commercial Analyst on running all client retainer reconciliation reports (monthly) and communicating results out to Senior Management, Client Services, Operations, Finance and the Project Management teams.
- Assisting the Operations Team in ensuring timesheets are completed on time and accurately.
- Assisting with the maintenance of our resource management system (Projector) and the finance system (Microsoft AX Dynamics) for all Tribal project codes.
- Assisting the Operations team on facilitating the invoice and purchase order process. This will include creating all non-billable/new business project codes and purchase orders.
Skills and abilities required:
- Enjoys working with numbers, data and excel
- Intermediate excel skills, (vlookups, sumif and countif formulas)
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- A friendly / social disposition but can also deal with difficult people in a polite and suitable manner
- Detail orientated
- Excellent time management skills
- Desire to have a career in Commercial Finance