Art Director (Capital One)
In 1949, three enterprising gentlemen, Bill Bernbach, Ned Doyle and Maxwell Dane gave the advertising industry a wake-up call. They introduced a new approach to marketing that relied on insight into human nature, respect for the consumer, and the power of creativity. In short, they said: Let's stop talking at people and let's start conversations that lead to action. This heritage is a unique strength that continually tells us who we are, what we believe and how we should behave. It inspires us to continually challenge standard convention. Today, DDB Chicago has over 250 full-time employees and a robust client roster including State Farm, Capital One, Miller Lite, Blue Moon, Jeep, Skittles, Starburst and more. As an award-winning agency, we continue to push the boundaries of advertising.
Here's what you’ll do:
- Create inspired visuals that fit the space, i.e. TV and radio scripts, social media content, digital ads, etc.
- See work through from rough concept to finish and ship.
- Responsible for successfully "directing" multiple aspects of the visual components of an ad campaign: print, television, or interactive, etc.
- Exhibit organizational skills when dealing with production partners. Have an understanding of how to work with and direct partners according to the concept, how to discuss talent, lighting, set design, post effects, and how these properties affect the final product.
- Responsible for understanding film. Should have a broad awareness of directors and their work and be able to identify their particular strengths and their appropriateness to a particular project.
- Comfortable presenting your work to Creative Directors and sometimes to Clients
- Work successfully with a Copywriter partner
- Take direction from CDs, GCDs and ECDs and show progress on feedback.
- Stays current and savvy to trends in advertising but also in culture in general.
- Seeks out improvement, training & growth opportunities
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years advertising experience
- A digital portfolio that shows a variety of produced, 360-degree campaigns
- Solid understanding of photography, illustration, typography, editing, transfer and shooting of commercials.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to push work to the next level
- Providing guidance/direction to others—thinking beyond their own work
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and PowerPoint