Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
Are you a curious innovator? A passionate problem solver? Born digital? And maybe a little wild at heart? If so, read on.
We’re DCMN – the growth marketing partner for digital businesses and startups. Our holistic, data-driven approach combines technology with expert knowledge to grow the market leaders of tomorrow. Our vision is bold: we want everyone in the world to use one of our client’s services. If you have the drive to get us there, let’s talk.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f/d) with experience in commercial law, corporate law, regulatory affairs and data protection, preferably in an international context.
In this role, you will support all national and international stakeholders at DCMN as an “allrounder”. Your legal advice will support the business in different aspects, will follow best practices and will manage and mitigate potential risks and optimise business opportunities. Furthermore you will keep updated on the most recent legal developments and adopt them to your work and DCMN’s legal approach.
What you'll be working on:
- Handle a wide range of legal matters independently (e.g. customer contracts, litigations, M&A, labour law, GDPR and data privacy)
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating customer contracts and business proposals, supplier contracts, technology contracts, NDAs and other legal documents
- Connect with all external lawyers that currently support DCMN internationally, and take charge of regular communication with them.
- Close cooperation with internal clients from various departments of DCMN, advising of potential legal risks and recommending strategies to manage and minimize them, optimizing business opportunities, proposing solid, robust and practical solutions to potential problems
- Provide hands-on legal support to all teams within DCMN as needed
- Applying a business sense when solving complex legal issues
- Applying domestic and international commercial law to our business, and monitoring the development of potential new laws
- Advising on corporate and governance matters and championing compliance with applicable laws and with DCMN’s policies and guidelines
- Advising our global entities on all legal matters, in particular in the areas of commercial-, product- and contract law, labour law and data protection law
- You are either a fully qualified lawyer from at least one EU jurisdiction, or you are in possession of a university law degree (L.L.M. or equivalent is considered an asset)
- Legal experience from a law firm and/or as in-house counsel in an international setting
- Strong commercial, organisational and analytical skills, combined with pragmatism and commercial solution orientation
- Track record of being able to work autonomously and lead legal projects. You are comfortable communicating with colleagues and stakeholders on different levels and with different professional backgrounds.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive to push complex legal matters forward.
- You master both German and English, verbal and written, on a fluent level
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts, preferably also in foreign legal systems
- Experience interpreting and applying commercial laws as well as good knowledge of corporate and privacy laws
- Integrity and high standard professional ethics
- Strong intercultural skills and ability to bridge cultural differences
What can you expect from us?
- An awesome office space in the heart of Berlin full of radically supportive colleagues and the opportunity for an exceptional career within a disruptive company
- Support for your personal and professional growth - you choose what accelerates your learning and adds value for you and DCMN
- Flexibility to manage your own hours and work from home when you need to
- Work equipment that’s available for your personal use, free snacks and drinks, and regular team lunches & events
- A truly multicultural work environment - we currently have employees from 30+ countries around the world!
- We will give you the chance to take ownership of your work and learn from experienced and successful professionals in the field. Our flat hierarchy is built on trust and collaboration
Can’t wait to get started? Then we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your CV along with any relevant documents and your earliest possible starting date. And don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!
Please note: We prefer applications via our application form (click the 'Apply' button on this website). It really makes life easier for us and means your application can be processed quicker.