Senior Communications/Connections Planner
ABOUT THE AGENCY
David&Goliath is an agency that adheres to one simple philosophy: Brave. It’s not a word that we throw out blindly. It’s a belief system that informs the way we work every day. We have a tradition that encourages entrepreneurial thinking, innovative solutions, and the conviction to execute both. We seek individuals who thrive in fast-paced, problem-solving environments. David&Goliath is a collaborative and team-oriented culture that believes in taking on challenges that others might walk away from. Because, the truth is, nobody ever became great without first being brave.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Communications Planner (aka Connections Planner) role will assist with bridging the development of creative ideas to the media plans of our partner media agencies. This individual will proactively brings smart ideas to the table that help drive business of our clients. The planner will directly assist in helping to position, concept and execute campaigns with media and communication thoughts built into ideas. This candidate should possess the leadership skills necessary to both help lead discussion with Senior clients as well as potentially help to build out this discipline within the agency down the road.
- Define the campaign channel ecosystem to create a view of the overall communications plan and content strategy required to deliver on the KPIs of each campaign
- Work with the strategy and creative teams to take a creative idea/platform and connect it across a variety of consumer touchpoints
- Rather than focusing on messaging as our brand planners would, this person will focus on the channel strategy with our media partners, ensuring strategic alignment between medium and message.
- Develop and/or use consumer journeys to help facilitate planning
- Be able to decipher existing qualitative and quantitative research reports, data and analytics to determine the best ways to achieve the reach and creative messaging with our audience
- Have the discipline to take on a total market approach when making recommendations
- 8+ years of experience in a communications planning role at an advertising, digital, PR, media and/or integrated marketing agency
- Knowledge of both traditional and digital media planning