We need a writer with at least two years experience in the field, who can provide professionally published (print or online) writing samples. We love personal websites as much as anyone, but if your family blog is the only writing/publishing experience you have, this isn’t the position for you!
This person will join our Content Development team, which serves the content needs of daveramsey.com and our other web properties, as well as the specific needs of our diverse collection of business units. Basically, we’re looking for an outstanding, experienced utility player who can write for our general audience, church audience, business audience, and more! Applicants must be able to cover topics ranging from debt and budgeting to retirement and taxes in an engaging, informative way, while faithfully representing Dave Ramsey’s teaching principles.
Basic web knowledge and a rudimentary understanding of internet marketing and writing for SEO is preferred. Boring, stuffy, high-brow writers need not apply.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Write original content for publication in a variety of formats, including:
- Article-length features for the daveramsey.com blog, other DR web properties and email newsletters
- Email series and instructional guides
- landing pages, social ads, radio and video scripts
- Minimum two years experience in professional writing/publishing, either in print or online.
- Ability to produce professionally published writing samples.
- Advanced understanding of Associated Press (AP) writing style guidelines.
- Familiarity with Dave Ramsey’s teaching principles.