Associate Director, Product Engineering
We firmly believe that a company is only as strong as its leaders. So we’re looking for people who are motivated to serve their team members rather than manage them. These inspirational leaders should take ownership, reach goals, cut out gossip, and absolutely love what they do. We want our leaders to be go-getters, passionate, encouraging and motivating. They’ll have the pioneering spirit of an entrepreneur and the humble spirit of a leader. And we also believe that "leaders are readers". If you want more information about how we lead well at Ramsey Solutions, check out our book recommendations: EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey, The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni, Dare to Lead by Brené Brown, The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile, and Listening: The Forgotten Skill by Madelyn Burley-Allen. If you align with our philosophy on leadership, apply today!
About the team:
Our technology teams are growing, and we’re hiring an Associate Director of Product Engineering. In the industry you might find this position titled Software Development Manager or Software Engineering Manager. There are lots of things we don’t do like other companies, and job titles are one of them. This position is a first-line leadership role—it's a player/coach position leading a small team of developers (direct reports), guiding technical direction, making architectural decisions, and even writing code now and then.
Our applications serve millions of users in life-changing ways. We have over 100 team members on our product engineering team working across 15 different digital product areas, who all want to help people take control of their money and their lives. Our business leaders understand trade-offs and let their team weigh in on matters of value and effort. Many of our teams deliver to production several times a week and deliver business value from concept to product in a matter of days.
Are you an experienced tech leader who isn't ready to apply but is interested in hearing more? Click here to request an informal virtual coffee meeting with one of our Product Engineering leaders!
What winning looks like:
- Leading a small development team by recognizing, coaching, and mentoring developers in programming, design, and architecture best practices and principles
- Conducting regular 1-on-1s with team members; supporting team members in hitting individual and team deadlines and goals by helping remove obstacles and solve problems
- Serving as a liaison and primary point of contact for cross-functional internal teams; acting as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement, and test technology initiatives
- Having a broader impact outside your immediate team by working closely with other engineering leaders to constantly improve the overall developer community experience within Ramsey Solutions (a few examples: improving the onboarding process, creating opportunities for project rotation, improving documentation)
Skills you need to win:
- Experience leading a development team in a people management and/or technical leadership capacity
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented application development (we’re open to experience with a variety of languages, as long as you’re willing to learn our tech stack!)
- Familiarity with building applications that scale and in accordance with industry best practices; mobile experience is a plus
- Ability to collaborate with internal teams to manage all aspects of shared solutions, including business planning, content strategy/development, website design, customer service, and web analytics
About Ramsey Solutions:
- We’re a debt-free company that was founded in 1992 by Dave Ramsey.
- We have over 900 team members who are 100% dedicated to our mission.
- We believe collaboration, innovation and a shared sense of mission come from being present with each other. That’s why all of our team members work together under one roof at our headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee.
And by the way, we're not stuffy or corporate around here. Here are some of the perks and benefits at Ramsey Solutions:
- A 401(k) match of 4% after one year as a team member (you can still contribute in the first year)
- Health insurance on day one with a $500 HSA match every year
- One fully paid workweek of ministry time after one year to volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Generous PTO and paid sick time off
- We prioritize work-life balance and rarely exceed a 40-hour work week
- Weekly devotionals with world-renowned speakers, pastors and authors
- $300/year to put toward achieving your fitness goals
- Casual dress and work environment
It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to change lives. Join the crusade! Apply now.
EOE, including disability/vets