Senior Speech Writer
Senior Speech Writer
Do you want the opportunity to be part of a company that is changing millions of lives for the better? If you’re looking for a career with a purpose, you've come to the right place.
The Senior Speech Writer is responsible for taking the Ramsey Solutions principles and helping develop them into content that will be presented by our Ramsey Personalities live on stage.
Writing great content for our personalities is much more than putting words on paper. The content of what a personality says has the power to set the tone of the room and bring hope to everyone in the audience. The stories, teaching, and principles need to be communicated in a way that will inspire life-change.
Each Ramsey Personality has a unique presentation style and voice and will need their content crafted to accentuate their storytelling strengths, while keeping consistency with the Ramsey brand. Working with and coaching each Ramsey Personality to identify stories, humor, and narratives will be part of the crafting process.
This writer will speak into workbook content, video elements, and overall attendee experience so that a consistent story is portrayed throughout all of our live event assets. This writer will also offer ideas when it comes to product pitches, ensuring optimal customer buy-in.
Beyond the stage, this writer will help strategically connect Live Events content for use in other formats, such as books, webinars, podcasts or other products.
What Winning Looks Like:
- Able to break down complex topics into easy-to-understand language
- Has a deep understanding of intended audience and fights for the right experience for the audience/user
- Intentionally builds relationships and collaborates/partners well with other disciplines, matrix teams, and business units
- Questions the “why” behind business decisions and drives for clarity
- Has a deep knowledge and understanding of how their work impacts business goals
Skills Needed for this role:
- Extensive experience as a speech writer to high profile personalities
- Excellent strategic thinking, research and analytical skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to remain resilient, take constructive feedback and complete multiple revisions if needed
- Have a strong understanding about Ramsey Solutions and Dave Ramsey. You will be the voice for our personalities, so knowing what we teach is a must
About Ramsey Solutions:
- We’re a debt-free company that was founded in 1992 by Dave Ramsey.
- We have over 1000 team members who are 100% dedicated to our mission.
- We believe collaboration, innovation and a shared sense of mission come from being present with each other. That’s why all of our team members work together under one roof at our headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee.
And by the way, we're not stuffy or corporate around here. Here are some of the perks and benefits at Ramsey Solutions:
- A 401(k) match of 4% after one year as a team member (you can still contribute in the first year)
- Health insurance on day one with a $500 HSA match every year
- One fully paid workweek of ministrytime after one year to volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Generous PTO and paid sick time off
- We prioritize work-life balance and rarely exceed a 40-hour work week
- Weekly devotionals with world-renowned speakers, pastors and authors
- $300/year to put toward achieving your fitness goals
- Casual dress and work environment
It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to change lives. Join the crusade! Apply now.
EOE, including disability/vets