Eight out of 10 Americans live paycheck to paycheck, and more than 50% of Americans have less than $10,000 saved for retirement. That’s not okay! We’ve been told the lies that debt is normal, credit cards are a way of life, and you can’t buy a car without payments. Enough is enough. It’s time for the Ramsey Boot. Our goal is to cause so much disruption to the toxic money culture of this country that we’ll force the financial industry to shift its strategies and how it operates. We exist to provide biblically based, common-sense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life. For the past 30 years, we’ve helped millions claw their way out of debt and change their family tree. If you’re passionate about joining this rebellious crusade, apply today!
About the role:
To learn about our Data Engineering team, check out this blogpost on our internal tech blog, Ramsey In-House. In this role you’ll be producing business value through the creation of our Enterprise Data Warehouse and data platform ecosystems and related engineering capabilities and services, the goal of which is to enable optimal business insight generation. You’ll be collaborating with our business leaders, stakeholders, and technology teams across the company to deliver cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions that enable a performant and stable data platform ecosystem.
What winning in this role looks like:
- Partnering with product management to identify Ramsey-wide analytic and business data problems and architecting solutions to solve them
- Assessing, scoping and prioritizing capability development while providing support for the Ramsey EDW, data platform, and related ecosystems
- Working with cloud platform components, services, and service providers to achieve maximum uptime and performance with optimal cost
- Partnering with and educating partners across Ramsey on EDW and platform best practices, including such things as performance tuning and optimal 3rd party tool integration
- Continually building your engineering craft and awareness of industry trends and technologies around enterprise data platforms and warehousing
The skills you need to win:
- 2+ years of experience with Python, Java, or another object-oriented programing language
- Experience with software engineering best practices such as CI/CD, Infrastructure as code, containerization (e.g., Docker, GoCD, CloudFormation)
- Experience with database technologies such as Redshift, Postgres, and MySQL RDBMS’s, and languages like SQL and procedural SQL
- Experience with cloud technologies (preferably AWS) and services such as Step Functions, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS/SES, SQS, IAM, AWS Glue, CDK, Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Firehouse, CloudWatch, Sagemaker
About Ramsey Solutions:
- We’re a debt-free company that was founded in 1992 by Dave Ramsey.
- We have over 1000 team members who are 100% dedicated to our mission.
- We believe collaboration, innovation and a shared sense of mission come from being present with each other. That’s why all of our team members work together under one roof at our headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee.
And by the way, we're not stuffy or corporate around here. Here are some of the perks and benefits at Ramsey Solutions:
- A 401(k) match of 4% after one year as a team member (you can still contribute in the first year)
- Health insurance on day one with a $500 HSA match every year
- One fully paid workweek of ministry time after one year to volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Generous PTO and paid sick time off
- We prioritize work-life balance and rarely exceed a 40-hour work week
- Weekly devotionals with world-renowned speakers, pastors, and authors
- $300/year to put toward achieving your fitness goals
- Casual dress and work environment
It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to change lives. Join the crusade! Apply now.