Do you want the opportunity to work on products that are changing millions of lives for the better? Our technology teams are growing, and we’re hiring a Ruby Developer. If you’re looking for a career with a purpose, you've come to the right place.
About Ramsey Solutions:
Founded in 1992 by Dave Ramsey, Ramsey Solutions exists to provide biblically based, commonsense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life. Our mission to change the world isn’t easy. We experience resistance every day because what we believe is absolutely counter-cultural. We’re weird. We actually hate debt. We actually cut up our credit cards . . . like, for real. We don’t use them in our entire business. We don’t use debt. Period. Some of us are still fighting our way out of it, but we aren’t going back in. If you don’t know much about Ramsey Solutions or our founder Dave Ramsey, go watch a bunch of these videos and then come back and finish reading.
About the Development team:
Our applications serve millions of users in life-changing ways. We have over 140 developers in-house working across 15 different digital product areas, who all want to help people take control of their money and their lives. Our business leaders understand trade-offs and let their team weigh in on matters of value and effort. Many of our teams deliver to production several times a week (around 700 deployments!) and deliver business value from concept to product in a matter of days.
What winning in this role looks like:
- Building world-class, consumer-web applications alongside highly collaborative teams
- Practicing test-driven development (unit testing, integration testing)
- Creating solid documentation
- Learning new things (every day!)
The skills you need to win:
- 3-5+ years of experience in object-oriented application development (Ruby, Python, and/or PHP ––we’re open to experience with a variety of languages, as long as you’re willing to learn our tech stack!)
- Familiarity with test driven development
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Experience building applications that scale and in accordance with industry best practices
- Experience working on Agile teams (SCRUM or Kanban preferred)
"When I ship code, it adds to a living, breathing system of APIs that handle all sorts of things you can imagine. Applications like SmartDollar, EveryDollar, and Financial Peace University are changing lives in measurable and immeasurable ways! The better the platform is, the better those applications perform and can be expanded on. That equals better user experience, that equals faster delivery rate of features that our users want, and it equals unsurpassed excellence in what we do. TL;DR Ship platform code –> Enable app devs –> Unparalleled user life change." –Developer III, Financial Wellness
"The product I work on, Foundations, helps students understand WHY money management is so important and HOW to do it well. If high school students learn how to handle money early on, they will be set up for success in college and beyond. Who knows the impact they may have in the world if they are not burdened by debt for their first ~15 years after college." –Developer II, Ramsey Education
Our Team Member Benefits:
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Our leadership really communicates and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- 401(k) match on first 4%
- HSA match: $500 a year
- World-renowned speakers on a weekly basis
- Ministry time: We pay you for one full workweek, so you can volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Ongoing personal and professional development training by the best in the industry
- Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary, and a self-employed mentality
- Wellness reimbursement to put toward hitting the gym
- Free Costco or Sam’s Club membership
- Working with amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins and celebrate together often with monthly lunches and on-the-clock, fun activities such as our company-wide Spelling Bee, annual Battle of the Bands, and one legendary Christmas Party
If you want to know how it feels to work in a place that respects the balance of work, family, and fun, hit that apply button. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Are you an experienced developer who isn't ready to apply but is interested in hearing more? Click here to request an informal virtual coffee meeting with one of our developers!