Are you looking for a career with a purpose? Do you want the opportunity to be part of a company that’s changing millions of lives for the better? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Ramsey Solutions exists to provide biblically based, commonsense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life. Our mission to change the world isn’t easy. We face resistance every day because what we believe is absolutely countercultural. We’re weird. We hate debt. And we actually cut up our credit cards . . . like, for real. We don’t use them in our entire business. Bottom line: We don’t use debt—period. Some of us are still fighting our way out of it, but we aren’t going back in.
At Ramsey Solutions, we value our strong, fun, on-site culture—and we value family and work-life balance. Family is a core value here, and it comes first. Just because we work in the office doesn’t mean we don’t have flexibility.
If you miss the abundant life that is interacting with other humans on a daily basis, then this might be your chance to do work that matters . . . from work.
About the team:
Our applications serve millions of users in life-changing ways. We have over 100 in-house developers working across 15 different digital product areas who all want to help people take control of their money and their lives. Many of our teams deliver to production several times a week and deliver business value from concept to product in a matter of days.
Our tech stack is constantly evolving to include new languages and frameworks on the front-end and backend. Our current primary tech stack is Ruby on Rails backed by RESTful microservices written in Java, C#, or Kotlin. We're using C# with Xamarin to develop mobile applications. We follow Agile methodologies, specifically Kanban. We’re leveraging CI/CD, TDD, and 100% cloud (AWS) infrastructure. You can learn more about our product engineering teams on our tech blog, Ramsey In-House.
What Winning Looks Like:
- Building world-class consumer web and mobile applications that can stand the test of time
- Actively contributing to the technical growth of other developers, as well as educating stakeholders and business partners
- Navigating teams through the benefits, trade-offs, value, and risks of technology decisions
- Practicing test-driven development, and creating documentation that drives clarity and simplicity
- Learning new things (every day!)
Skills Needed to Win:
- Experience building applications that scale and in accordance with industry best practices; a strong design mindset that helps you quickly build durable systems with quality
- Dedication to excellent communication across teams (QA, UX, Creative, Marketing and other Development teams); understanding of the greater impact your work has on peer teams
- Ability to maintain a high standard of excellence, coupled with an accessibility and humility that make it easy for others to work with you and learn from you
- Experience with Agile product development (Scrum or Kanban preferred)
About Ramsey Solutions:
- We’re a debt-free company that was founded in 1992 by Dave Ramsey.
- We have over 1000 team members who are 100% dedicated to our mission.
- We believe collaboration, innovation and a shared sense of mission come from being present with each other. That’s why all of our team members work together under one roof at our headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee.
And by the way, we're not stuffy or corporate around here. Here are some of the perks and benefits at Ramsey Solutions:
- A 401(k) match of 4% after one year as a team member (you can still contribute in the first year)
- Health insurance on day one with a $500 HSA match every year
- One fully paid workweek of ministry time after one year to volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Generous PTO and paid sick time off
- We prioritize work-life balance and rarely exceed a 40-hour work week
- Weekly devotionals with world-renowned speakers, pastors and authors
- $300/year to put toward achieving your fitness goals
- Casual dress and work environment
It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to change lives. Join the crusade! Apply now.
Are you an experienced developer who isn't ready to apply but is interested in hearing more? Click here to request an informal virtual coffee meeting with one of our developers!
EOE, including disability/vets