Location: Boston, MA
Job ID: 1092
The Data Architect will be able to effectively communicate with both technical and business stakeholders for requirements analysis, and will be highly proficient in the technical architecture, design, and development of database design. You must be a driver and help clients truly understand the data and how it moves.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and perform all activities related to database architecture components between environments during development and deployment.
- Interview business users to extract requirements fulfilling upon both strategic and tactical information needs.
- Document requirement specifications and any related designs.
- Execute project assignments to support overall objectives of the project plan; analyze and resolve technical problems.
- Test reports or review ETL for data accuracy and conduct root cause analysis and remediation of issues.
- Plan the activities of own portion of project and focuses on the delivery of short-term results to the client.
- Identify gaps between project scope and overall client needs.
- Find new methods to improve client relationship.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exhibit exceptional technical skills in database architecture, database design and ETL.
- Displays knowledge of the proper way to adhere to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrate tool expertise in front end and backend tools.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, MSSQL, SSAS & SSRS.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to quickly recognize, isolate, and resolve technical problems.
- Hands-on experience with implementation and support of a business intelligence reporting suite.
- Understand business requirements and able to create/propose solutions.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks appropriately and adapt quickly to project changes.
Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics or Business, or equivalent.
- Hold appropriate certifications.
- Experience in Machine Learning, Hadoop and R Services is considered a plus.
- Great Culture focused on our customers and team members
- Datastrong offers a compensation plan consisting of a competitive base salary and an uncapped bonus
- 100% employee health coverage with Vision and Dental options
- Flexible spending account options
- 401k plan offerings
- Paid holidays and vacation
Datastrong is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office.