TEMP Research Associate, Protein Purification, Protein Sciences
About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment of cancer with our novel Probody® therapeutic platform. Our commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful, ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our successes, and holding each other to the highest possible standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline, including 4 clinical-stage programs and others in development and is located in South San Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more at www.cytomX.com.
Location: South San Francisco, California
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Scientist II, Protein Sciences
We seek a highly motivated individual to support the protein production, purification and analytical method development needs for all the discovery programs at CytomX. The successful candidate will work as a TEMP Research Associate in the Protein Sciences Department up to 12 months and contribute to the lead selection process for all discovery pipeline programs including Probodies, Bispecifics and cytokines.
- Develop parallel purification processes for antibodies, Probodies, Procytokines and Bispecifics.
- Support the protein purification workflow to meet the needs from Protein Engineering, Process Sciences and biology groups.
- Develop production and purification strategies for various bispecific formats
- Solve protein purification problems based on scientific principles, current technologies, and personal experience
- Develop analytical methods to characterize Probodies, Procytokines and bispecifics to support Discovery programs
- Support the analysis of proteins by various mass spec methods.
- Conduct stability studies to support the developability assessment of lead therapeutic molecules.
- Provide small-scale protein purification support for cell line development process.
- Organize data and communicate results in internal and external scientific meetings
- BS in Biochemistry or related discipline with 2+ years of experience in the biotechnology or MS in Biochemistry with 1 year of experience in the biotechnology or biopharma industry
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- In-depth knowledge of affinity, ion exchange and hydrophobic chromatography methods is required.
- Experience in antibody and other protein purification techniques is required.
- Expertise in operating AKTA systems for protein purification is required.
- Experience in automated protein purification using Tecan liquid handlers is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of protein characterization assays such as concentration, endotoxin measurement, SDS-PAGE and SEC-HPLC is required
- Prior experience in analytical methods such as CE-SDS, HIC, IEF, RP-HPLC and LC-MS is desired.
- Experience in conducting stability studies with therapeutic proteins is preferred.
- Ability to support multiple projects independently is required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability and Fun
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity
- Team-player comfortable in fast-moving, dynamic environments
- Intellectually curious, enthusiastic, creative
- Adaptable and resilient with a problem-solving orientation
- Innovative and flexible
- This role requires the employee to work as a partial remote employee. Please note that CytomX has initiated a vaccination policy on October 31, 2021, which requires staff whose job responsibilities must be conducted onsite to be fully vaccinated, unless they are subject to legally required exemptions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.