Area Sales Manager
Custom Brands Group, headquartered in Southern California with offices in Salt Lake City, Utah is a division of Hunter Douglas and we provide custom window treatments to businesses large and small. From pre-order solutions to after the sale service, our business can be a bit complicated and we’re looking for exceptional, service-minded individuals who love to make people’s lives easier. We know we’re winning when our products become our customers “go to” solution and our Sales team prides itself on helping our organization fulfill this goal.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
As an Area Sales Managers (ASM) for the Chicagoland area you will be a member our growing Sales Team. You will be responsible for significantly contributing to the achievement of the Company’s overall strategic and financial objectives. You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales targets of all products, programs, and services of assigned customer channels. As an ASM you will have the opportunity to enhance the Custom Brands Group organizational success by soliciting, selling, training and supporting our customers in a professional, enthusiastic, effective and profitable manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Find and develop new business by:
- Scheduling a minimum of 20% of your time dedicated to prospecting activities.
- Using all available resources to continuously identify viable customers for CBG.
- Connecting and confirming prospective accounts are a good fit to become CBG customers.
- Opening and activating new customers.
- Service existing accounts by:
- Continually updating and selling CBG products and services.
- Training customers on CBG products and selling techniques.
- Striving to increase and expand sales.
- Handling customer complaints with tact and understanding, striving to maintain customer loyalty and friendship.
- Submit required work plans, sales reports and expense reports on a timely basis.
- Keep abreast of customer, market and competitors’ activities. Report all significant developments to your Zone Manager and provide feedback to managers in relevant areas.
- The position requires extensive customer contact and frequent contact with CBG employees.
- Attend and participate as directed in company, customer, or industry trades shows, sales meetings, or other events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of 3 years of business to business sales experience.
- Window treatment industry experience and product knowledge is a plus, but not mandatory.
- A valid driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Highly motivated, self directed professional that is driven by results.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 2 weeks of paid time off per year
- 10 annual paid company holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Robust benefit plans - Medical (Cigna & Kaiser), Dental (Delta Dental NJ), Vision (VSP) and HSA & FSA accounts
- 401(k) with a 6% company match and annual retirement contribution
- Access to a well-rounded wellness program with access to on demand fitness classes and wellness tips through Wellbeats
- Home office based.
- The position requires extensive travel, approximately 70% of the time within the assigned territory and also for meetings and conventions.
- The position also requires an individual who can lift and carry sample books (up to 35 lbs.) and also put up and maintain displays of window treatment products.
- Additionally, Area Sales Managers assume the full responsibility for the proper maintenance and use of all company equipment and materials.
- Not your normal 40 hour work week including evenings and weekends.
$50-$60K/Year + Commission