Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Custom Brands Group is looking for a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to be responsible for leading financial reporting and analysis used for strategic and tactical decision-making. The role reports to the VP of Finance and Administration and partners with other senior CBG & Hunter Douglas North America (HDNA) management, central accounting and various plant controllers to interpret and implement financial processes, reporting and analysis related to strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting. The ideal candidate will strive to improve systems and processes to produce high-quality reporting and analysis in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. (The following examples do not include all of the functions, which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Contributes to company strategy and planning as it relates to driving business value through cost containment, process and profitability improvement.
- Serves as a leader in bringing innovative and insightful reporting and analysis to management
Periodic Forecasts and Annual Budget
- Leads the development of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts across the CBG Trade Group organization by collaborating with all operational groups to meet timing deadlines.
- Responsible for analyzing organizational budgets and performing periodic planning, forecasting, analysis and reporting.
- Submits via HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) to Corporate FP&A group the annual budget and quarterly forecasts including supporting detailed financial analysis.
- Supports CBG senior management with financial schedules for use in presentations.
Reporting & Analysis
- Develops and reports on key performance indicators measuring the financial health of the organization.
- Leads the consolidation of the monthly financial review package for CBG senior management including accurate and concise analysis of revenue, total cost and plant variances, and operational expenses vs budget, forecast and prior year.
- Partners with CBG accounting group, CBG operations finance teams and Corporate FP&A to report and analyze financial results in SAP and HFM during month-end close. Supports any required input for the Frango submission.
- Develop models that assist management in understanding the financial impact of business decisions and automate manual work.
- Identifies opportunities to create automation and streamline the financial reporting processes across CBG functional groups.
- Partner with the Sales & Marketing Finance Manager to gain detailed financial insight into channel and product line profitability.
- Support senior leadership enterprise-wide financial projects and ensure successful completion; provide guidance and expertise on projects.
- Support the annual tax submission.
- Support annual internal and external audits.
- Apply financial and operational data analysis to draw conclusions and create recommendations on decisions and actions.
- Develops additional financial reports by accessing the SAP/HFM/AO system.
- Support team and individual development, including providing coaching and assignments to provide opportunities for growth and enrichment.
- Support financial analysis requests from other functional teams.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from Corporate FP&A.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
An employee in this position, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following:
- Expert knowledge of:
- Principles of Accounting/Finance.
- Budget preparation practices.
- Principles of budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Computer use and software such as, Excel and SAP.
- Use of algebraic equation writing utilizing Excel worksheets.
- SAP and the extrapolation of data for Finance purposes.
- Solid knowledge of:
- HFM and AO reporting systems.
- Cost accounting for a manufacturing facility.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to
- Analyze cause & effect relationships in a problem and develop resolution alternatives.
- Gather and synthesize financial information from several sources to prepare proforma statements.
- Communicate both written and orally with all levels of the organization, including HDNA senior
- Multi-task and independently prioritize work.
- Maintain consistent performance under pressure, uncertainty or
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting. A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in strategic financial planning within a manufacturing environment is highly desired.
Benefits of working at Custom Brands Group
- Several company paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Robust benefit plans - Medical (Cigna & Kaiser), Dental (Delta Dental NJ), Vision (VSP) and HSA & FSA accounts
- 401(k) with up 6% company match and annual retirement contribution
- Access to a virtual wellness program with access to classes for employees and their family members through Wellbeats
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Product Discount Program