Senior Project Manager
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Responsible for project management function, providing management of PMO processes with focus on product development, improvement to existing products, and product launch processes as well as the evolving project portfolio management process.
Accountable for maintaining and improving core competencies and standard PMO framework to ensure project portfolio management and proper project execution of product development and sustaining projects.
Reports to: Director of Product Management
Required Training and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or 8-10 years directly-related experience, preferably in a manufacturing and/or fabrication environment.
Preferred Experience & Training: Mandarin language fluency. PMP Certification. Experience working with Asia based window fashion suppliers.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions (these examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform). The person in this position maintains and improves our core competencies and standard PMO framework, including PMO tool updates/modifications, knowledge sharing, and project prioritization. Responsible for overseeing the product development process and product launch process including:
- Leads improvement and modification efforts for our product development process.
- Manages Product Launch activities and is responsible for overseeing the launch process including working with product and fabrication teams to identify and control launch risks to improve launch success.
- Works cooperatively with all divisions and functional groups to identify and implement process improvements related to product development and launch.
- Works with constituent Project Managers, Product Management, New Product Development and Operations to ensure successful completion of all product development and launch-related efforts. Responsible for maintaining and improving consistent project management methodology to improve project success.
- Guides continuous improvement efforts surrounding project management methodology, where appropriate and at an acceptable rate of change, to improve communication and project success.
- Develops and maintains Project Intake processes which facilitates project prioritization and portfolio management
- Liaisons with other PMOs to leverage best practices where appropriate for the overall Enterprise.
- Prepares and makes presentations to senior management.
Qualifications and KSA's for employment:
An employee in this position, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following:
- Skill in the use of computer and software packages such as Word, Excel, MS Office and MS Project
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze numerical information to identify trends and distinguish discrepancies and inaccuracies in prepared reports.
- Ability to perform arithmetic functions in order to work with Excel worksheet programs.
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form on a one-to-one or group basis.
- Ability to exhibit initiative to quickly learn and retain various cross discipline information within a relatively short time period
- Expert knowledge of project management and product development processes.
95% office environment, 5% production floor
Will constantly sit at a desk to access a computer keyboard to complete daily job duties.
Will frequently stand within general office area using office equipment such photocopier or fax machine.
Will frequently use hands while keyboarding or writing.
Will frequently reach at arm length across work area.
Will occasionally walk within general office area or to other buildings located at facility site.
Will occasionally bend/stoop/squat at knees while accessing materials stored on lower level shelves within office area.
Will occasionally reach at arm length across work surface area.
Will occasionally push or pull a shipment box of components weighing more than 20 pounds.
Will occasionally stand and walk for extended periods of time on concrete floor.
Back and Upper Body (lifting and carrying)
- Will occasionally lift and carry product sample books weighing 15 pounds or more.
- Constantly uses sight in performance of daily duties.
- Constantly uses hearing to communicate during the course of a day.
For knowledge statements, according to The Uniform Selection Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic General familiarity; aware of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Understanding of most functions, operations or activities. Includes a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert Able to apply general principles and specific details. Understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities. Includes full comprehension of applicable theory.