Associate Product Manager
Custom Brands Group is looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our growing team!
The Associate Product Manager will assist Product Managers in developing, executing and maintaining product programs, oversee multiple projects & timelines from inception to completion. The individual will work with cross-functional departments in the development of new and existing items, and identify gaps within the product or system that affects the ability to provide a better customer experience.
The ideal candidate will possess outstanding organizational skills, superb accuracy and attention to detail, strong technical, critical-thinking, analytical, communication and collaboration skills with an outcome-oriented mindset, a strong sense of urgency, and a flair for creative problem solving on behalf of the company’s best interests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Product Managers in developing, executing and maintaining product programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share for all phases of the product lifecycle
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to plan, evaluate, and execute projects assigned
- Assists in working with outside vendors, supply chain management, purchasing, and production to identify, qualify, and finalize all product materials and components
- Creates, updates, and maintains reference guides, product bulletins and proof installation instructions
- Generates reports, analyzes and monitors program performance overall and by channel
- Works closely with the quality and engineering teams to identify and implement product enhancements as needed
- Assists in reviewing sampling and marketing materials for accuracy
- Works closely with the system team to ensure SAP system is set up to accept orders prior to launches
- Works closely with engineers, supply & demand to identify to be discontinued SKUs.
- Support Sales Meetings and Exhibitions
- Gains and continues to maintain a thorough knowledge of assigned product categories as well as the competitive landscape
- Gains and continues to maintain a thorough understanding of the distribution channels in which product compete, along with the account within these channels
- Gathers and reviews market research and competitive analysis to help determine product needs and market potential
- Performs comparative product/program study with collaboration of cross-functional teams.
- Actively participates in setting basic strategic directions for assigned product lines
- Assists in the development of strategic short-and long-term product marketing plans to meet market needs and company objectives
- Assists Product Managers in gathering technical and financial information needed for Program Scopes and Business Cases
- Assists in gathering and providing IT with all required information and support to ensure programs are properly configured in SAP system and order configurators
- Monitors feedback from internal personnel and customers identifies opportunities for system enhancement and coordinates implementing resolutions
- Communicates changes, updates, and new product/program information to internal personnel as appropriate.
- Assists with the development and delivery of product and program presentation to the sales team, customer service, and current as well as potential customers as needed
Minimum of 5 years of experience in project or product management, preferably in consumer and product segments.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, technical, critical-thinking and planning skills with superb accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and work under pressure
- Proven decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, technical writing experience preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Benefits of working at Custom Brands Group
- Personal Leave Time
- Several company paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Robust benefit plans - Medical (Cigna & Kaiser), Dental (Delta Dental NJ), Vision (VSP) and HSA & FSA accounts
- 401(k) with up 6% company match and annual retirement contribution
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D (1x salary)
- Virtual wellness program with access to classes for employees and their family members through Wellbeats
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Product Discount Program
Check us out and see what we are doing at www.custombrandsgroup.com!