**Position reports to Cerritos, CA (relocation bonus available)**
Custom Brands Group is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing team! Custom Brands Group is an industry leader that offers an impressive range of products and unique brands in nearly every channel. Our seamless, integrated operations across North America cover four fabrication plants and customer service sites in four time zones. Read below for additional details on this exciting opportunity.
Summary/Objective: The Financial Analyst is responsible for managing daily, weekly and monthly deliverables that support both the FP&A group as well as other functional groups (Sales, Product and Marketing) at CBG. This includes sales analysis and reporting, product analysis, understanding monthly drivers to Sales and COGs performance and supporting accounting during month-end close. The position will require prior FP&A experience supporting a product focused company, with a working understanding of manufacturing economics, standard cost accounting and multi-channel dynamics that impact gross margins.
This position will report to the Director of FP&A and support functional groups throughout the organization including Sales, Product and Accounting, in addition to supporting the operations managers at CBG manufacturing sites.
Essential Duties & Job Responsibilities:
- Execute timely completion of weekly and monthly sales/product reporting
- Review and analyze sales and product data at granular levels (e.g., product families and skus)
- Develop models that support financial analysis across sales and product intersections
- Experience in a product environment navigating large data sets and distilling data into consumable insights and analysis
- Working understanding of sales channel and product mix impact on gross margin performance
- Understanding of cost variances (PPV, Material Usage, Labor-Overhead)
- Experience working with and analyzing bill of materials (BOM’s) used in product standard costing
- Perform analysis for ad hoc costing projects
- Support with the development of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Support requests and inquiries from Corporate FP&A
- Support productivity and cost savings tracking initiatives
- Assist with month-end close process including product line margin analysis, variance explanations and understanding of key drivers
- Monitor and advise accrual levels throughout the year to assure accurate funding
- Support finance related corporate initiatives
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or other quantitative data based field
- 2-4 years of experience working in a corporate FP&A environment for a multi-channel product based company
- Knowledge of manufacturing, cost accounting and experience navigating in ERP systems (SAP, Oracle) and BI environments (SAP Analysis Objects, BPC, Tableau, HFM, Essbase)
- Experience in managing month-end deliverables, including month end reports to support financial close, analyzing month-end variances to budget and prior year, and supporting Sales & Product teams with month end reports.
Qualifications for Employment:
Solid knowledge and experience in:
- Principles of Accounting/Finance
- Managing and navigating through large data sets
- Supporting quarterly forecasts and annual budgets by supporting key stakeholders, developing templates and analyzing budget submissions
- Excellent Excel skills, proficiency in Excel functions (e.g., look-ups, sum-ifs, table arrays)
- Experience in ERP systems (SAP and Oracle) and BI systems (SAP Analysis Objects, HFM, Essbase)
- Cost accounting principles for a manufacturing facility
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Gather and synthesize financial information from several sources
- Communicate both written and orally with all levels of the organization
- Multi-task and independently prioritize work
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships
- Team oriented with positive, supportive attitude
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a changing environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills for all levels
- Detailed oriented and strong work ethic
- Understanding of financial statements
Acceptable Training and Experience requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting. A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in financial acumen. A manufacturing environment is highly desired.
For knowledge statements, according to The Uniform Selection Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic General familiarity; aware of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Understanding of most functions, operations or activities. Includes a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert Able to apply general principles and specific details. Understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities. Includes full comprehension of applicable theory.
- Constantly use hands while keyboarding and writing
- Constantly uses sight in performance of daily job duties
- Travel between operational sites both US, Canada & Mexico
- Frequently sit at desk accessing computer, talking on the telephone and while attending meetings
- Frequently reach above to access materials stored in overhead storage areas at work area
- Occasionally lift and carry full file boxes when transferring files from work area to the storeroom
- Office environment 90%; production area 10%
Benefits of working at Custom Brands Group
- Personal Leave Time
- Several company paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Robust benefit plans - Medical (Cigna & Kaiser), Dental (Delta Dental NJ), Vision (VSP) and HSA & FSA accounts
- 401(k) with up 6% company match and annual retirement contribution
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D (1x salary)
- Virtual wellness program with access to classes for employees and their family members through Wellbeats
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Product Discount Program
Check us out and see what we are doing at www.custombrandsgroup.com!