Cloud Security Engineer
Cloud Security Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Security Engineer to join our security team within our technology organization. The focus will be on our AWS infrastructure and our security processes and procedures (vulnerability scanning, intrusion prevention, disaster recovery). The successful candidate will establish advanced security capabilities within the organization and drive improvements in our security posture in support of the Curriculum Associates’ mission.
Why join this team:
We are growing our security team! We're looking for someone who wants to make a difference and have an impact on our path and direction. While the focus will be our AWS infrastructure, you will also have the opportunity to work on security of our SaaS application and corporate infrastructure.
In a single program, i-Ready integrates powerful assessments and rich insights with effective and engaging instruction in reading and mathematics to address students’ individual needs. i-Ready empowers teachers every day to make more informed instructional decisions and motivates students with access to their own personalized path to growth. Want to be part of our impact? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll develop, monitor, and assess our data, server, and network security implementations.
- You’ll conduct vulnerability testing and implement remediation.
- You’ll review and refine data security policies and procedures.
- You’ll conduct security audits in our use of third-party tools (Jira, Confluence, Github, Jenkins, etc.).
- You’ll implement and monitor security awareness assessments and training.
- You’ll prepare us for third party audits (SOC, PCI DSS).
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of hands-on security experience in consumer website environment and/or academic environment (post-graduate experience only, please).
- Experience with AWS security tools (VPC, SG, Guard Duty, WAF, etc) and processes.
- Ability to work in and enjoy a fast-paced environment across organizational teams.
- Must be comfortable and have ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General analysis/problem solving and ability to develop creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in software, networks, communications or engineering, and a master’s degree in cyber security, is preferred.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with either application security or corporate infrastructure security
- Some audit and compliance (ISO-27000, NIST-800, SOC, PCI) efforts and understanding.
More about this role:
Location: North Billerica, MA or New England region preferred. Open to remote location with regular visits to our Massachusetts home office for exceptional candidates (about 1 week per month). We offer round-trip shuttle service from Back Bay, Kenmore, Union Square, and Alewife MBTA stations.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits
including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.