Warehouse Lead Shipper
Warehouse Lead Shipper
Curriculum Associates is looking for an efficient and effective Lead Shipper for our Warehouse. This role is responsible for scheduling shipping and other freight operations, developing a working knowledge of warehouse organization, and creating proper and detailed shipping documentation. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, this role works with shipping, warehouse, and customer service teams to ensure customer satisfaction. We shipped nearly 11 million units in 2019 with our seasonal demand peaking from April-October.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We will begin reviewing applications for this position the week of August 10.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will lead activity on our warehouse floor and dock, directing the flow of completed orders from preparation to shipment
- Use warehouse management and vendor software to track, check, prioritize, and route orders
- Process orders based on the buyer’s preferred shipping choice (USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)
- Contact and schedule LTL/TL pick-ups for customer shipments
- Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping documents
- Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders
- Manage all documentation such as advanced shipping notice, bills of lading, etc.
- Resolve order issues with our Warehouse Manager and Customer Service team
- Optimize processes in collaboration with batch, full case, and pick module teams
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and order/request supplies as needed
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
Who we’re looking for:
- You have exemplary inter-departmental and customer service skills
- Proven experience with logistics procedures within a shipping department
- You’re a team player, experienced in directing others through clear communication and motivation
- You work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- You’re able to work a consistent schedule from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, including mandatory evening/weekend overtime as needed
- You possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift experience a plus (though not required)
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.