Management Development Associate
About Curriculum Associates
At Curriculum Associates, we believe that a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. We believe that—with the right materials and support—all children can succeed, and this idea inspires our teams every day. Our programs provide flexible resources for educators, as well as meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for students across the country.
About the Management Development Program
The Management Development Program (MDP) is a three-year rotational program designed to develop future leaders in education, technology, and business. During their time in the program, MDAs have the opportunity to work across a variety of departments/functions. These include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing: Develop sales and marketing strategy and collateral to effectively position Curriculum Associates products
- Professional Development: Design and deliver training sessions to educators to ensure that our products are implemented with fidelity
- Operations: Inform roadmap decisions and project planning through forecasting and budgeting
- Product Management: Facilitate collaboration between key stakeholders developing new product features and enhancements
- Customer Support: Advise customers on product and technical best practices, including effective product implementation strategies
By combining these dynamic rotations with close mentorship/coaching from the company’s leadership team, the MDP offers an opportunity to build skills across a diverse set of core competencies, such as project management, data analytics, creative problem-solving, and more. These skills enable MDAs to have an impact in their first year, as they contribute to initiatives like:
- Building out new product features to improve the user experience of over 8 million students
- Developing resources that help over 500,000 educators differentiate instruction to meet the unique needs of all students
- Analyzing EdTech market trends, growth, and competitive dynamics to inform company strategy
- Creating company-wide or regional, educator-facing presentations alongside our CEO, Rob Waldron
MDAs come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. We greatly value the unique talents and passions of each new cohort which enable MDAs to contribute to CA and create a rich, diverse, supportive MDA team. Much of the MDP programming is self-driven, which means that Associates are key decision makers in areas such as program recruitment, learning and development opportunities, diversity and inclusion efforts, and more.
What we’re looking for:
- 0-1 years of work experience
- Commitment to CA’s mission of making classrooms better places for teachers and students
- Passion for educational equity, specifically in terms of improving opportunities and outcomes for low-income students of color, who constitute the majority of students we serve
- An interest in education, technology, and/or business
- Demonstrated leadership experience; such experience could include internships, part-time jobs, volunteer positions, and leadership positions in student organizations, etc.
- A strong willingness to learn and grow through mentorship and coaching
- The ability to adapt, be flexible, and take initiative within a dynamic, supportive environment
- A collaborative, service-oriented mindset
What materials are required to apply?
- College transcript (unofficial or official)
- In lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following questions in a separate document. Please note that applications submitted without these questions answered are incomplete.
- What interests/excites you about joining a rotational program at an education-focused company like CA? (100-250 words)
CA believes that diversity of backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives is vital to our company’s success in serving students/educators. How have your work, educational or life experiences shaped your unique perspective? (100-250 words)
Location: The MDP is based out of our headquarters in the Greater Boston area; however, at the moment, we are all working remotely due to the effects of COVID-19.
We would love to hear from you! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to schedule an informational conversation with a current MDA.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.