Design Producer, ELA
At Curriculum Associates, we believe that a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking a talented and collaborative Design Producer, ELA to act as a cross-functional liaison between internal stakeholders, part-time contractors (artists), and/or design vendors for our ELA digital instruction team. As a Design Producer, you will operate across multiple teams, working closely with producers, editors, designers and developers to establish consistent and clear communication and ensure deadlines are being met, while supporting our engaging and innovative ELA product line.
The impact you'll have:
- Join a mission-driven organization focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
- Be an integral part of creating educational resources that are used by 8 million students across the country
- Lead and participate in review meetings with editorial and design teams to determine illustration and photo needs and translate decisions from these meetings into actionable items; communicate these goals to contracted illustrators and in-house photo researchers
- Analyze design needs and aesthetic fits
- Maintain and manage budgets and schedules
- Move swiftly between viewing projects at the big picture scale down to the granular details
- Manage incoming assets, shape and document processes to streamline team goals and delivery deadlines
- Provide up-to-date visibility into changes across product deadlines, progress, and priorities
- A bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- 2+ years professional experience (Design-related a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate editorial strategy to stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team-based process
- Organization, communication, and time-management skills
- Sense of creativity and flexibility
Location: This is a remote position, however, candidates living or planning to relocate near a Curriculum Associates office may choose to work in-person or arrange a hybrid schedule.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.