Access and Equity Editor
Access & Equity Editor
This is a full time/permanent role.
We are looking for an editor with expertise in engaging and supporting English learners with grade-level curriculum to join our talented team. While initial projects will be with middle school mathematics print materials, other projects may include K – 8 literacy print or digital materials. Curriculum Associates has a proven record of developing top quality educational materials and solutions. We are looking for someone with the same passion for making a difference for English learners and their teachers.
The impact you'll have:
- Participate in conceptualizing and planning appropriate support for English learners in instructional materials.
- Advise product development teams about contexts that affirm diverse learners and language that is considerate of their developing proficiency.
- Contribute to the development of guidelines and prototypes for teacher-facing scaffolding and supports for English learners with different levels of English proficiency.
- Write, edit, or revise manuscript according to established guidelines for pedagogy, level of English proficiency, appropriateness for the age and grade, and practicality in the classroom.
- Guide writers throughout all phases of assigned projects; interact with external advisors as assigned
- Edit and review page proofs through all stages of production.
- Assist in developing company-wide guidelines and resources for product development teams related to culturally and linguistically diverse classrooms.
- Keep up with research and best practices for English learners and students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and make suggestions that reflect creative solutions to project needs.
What we’re looking for:
- 3–5 years of experience in educational publishing with experience editing print materials
- 3 or more years of experience with supporting English learners in accessing grade-level curriculum as a teacher, school administrator, or curriculum developer
- Working knowledge of WIDA and state-specific standards for English language development and with English language proficiency levels
- Working knowledge of K – 8 mathematics education and literacy education as well as Common Core and state-specific standards.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining the quality of the product
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- A team player who can work independently as well as cooperatively with a wide range of people
We’d also love to see:
- Master’s degree in K – 8 education, English as a Second Language, or a related field required
- Experience developing digital materials
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, PDF mark-up, file transfer, and other workplace software
- Proficiency in language(s) other than English, particularly Spanish, Haitian Creole, Arabic, Vietnamese, or Mandarin
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.