Senior Quality Engineer (Full-stack) (N Billerica, MA)
Job Site: 153 Rangeway Road, North Billerica, MA 01862
Department Summary: As Quality Engineers, we analyze, assess and advocate for quality within the greater engineering team. i-Ready is a multi-tenant, database-backed, service-oriented, Java and HTML5 web application deployed on Linux in AWS. i-Ready provides engaging digital instruction and adaptive assessment for students in math and English language arts as well as data-driven insights, reports and tools for educators.
Job Duties: Reporting to QA Manager or Director. Work as tester on a full-stack agile scrum team responsible for building and maintaining core platform components and capabilities for our flagship i-Ready SaaS product. Duties include:
1. Test Design and Strategy – apply principals of computer science, software engineering and software testing to design, document, and execute: test strategies, plans, test cases, checklists and procedures.
2. Web Application Testing – Apply knowledge of front-end, Linux and server technologies to test i-Ready with a mix of scripted and exploratory test techniques, at all application levels (front-end, API, server, database).
3. Database Testing – Apply knowledge of relational transactional databases to ensure data integrity of the application.
4. Web Service Testing – Apply knowledge of web services to test a growing set of web services supporting i-Ready.
5. Test Reporting – effectively communicate individual and team test status, coverage, risks and other information about product quality to stakeholders.
6. Technical Reviews – participate in technical reviews (test plans, code, designs, requirements) to provide input and identify risks, gaps or other problems.
7. Test Planning – provide estimation, status and other schedule related information to managers and project managers.
8. Risk Analysis –Identify and evaluate risks to quality, project, product, and team. Collaborate with scrum team and stakeholders to plan appropriate investigations and mitigations.
9. Defect Management – isolate and document defects, capture triage decisions, research and reproduce support escalations, work with product owner to prioritize defects.
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer engineering or a related technical field, plus 3 years’ experience as a software tester or similar role. Experience must include the following which may be gained concurrently:
1) 3 years’ experience testing multi-tiered web applications covering these aspects of testing responsibility: strategy, design, execution, risk analysis, reporting, technical reviews, and defect tracking.
2) 3 years’ experience planning, estimating, and reporting on test activities to inform project schedules.
3) 3 years’ experience of different types of testing including functional, exploratory, system, regression, black box, white or clear box.
4) 3 years’ experience with RDBMS backed applications and fluency in SQL.
5) 3 years practical experience using HTML, CSS, HTTP, web browsers, and web servers
6) 3 years’ experience testing applications deployed to UNIX or Linux based environments, accessing environments through SSH.
7) 2 years’ experience and fluency with a scripting and/or programming language (Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, & PHP).
8) 2 years’ experience with version control software (Git, SVN, Mercurial, VSS, & CVS).
9) 2 years’ experience on a team using an agile scrum based SDLC.
10) 2 years’ experience testing any of these web services (SOAP, REST, JSON-RPC, & XML-RPC).
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
To apply please refer to Reference: CA43232-012
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.