Senior Interactive Designer
This role can be based in our headquarters (North Billerica, MA) or in our Brooklyn, NY office.
Are you a designer who loves thinking through complex challenges and finding creative solutions?
Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired and passionate Senior Interactive Designer to design engaging learning experiences for our groundbreaking i-Ready Instruction and Practice products. Working closely with Design Directors and Lead Interactive Designers, a Senior Interactive Designer at Curriculum Associates is a strong analytical and conceptual thinker responsible for designing inventive and easy to use interactive game-like student lessons and experiences.
This role works across the ELA design and user experience domain, conducting user research and testing, storyboards and wireframes, prototyping, and creating final interface designs. The right person will relish working with closely with subject matter experts, editors, product managers, and engineers to transform pedagogy and instructional materials into highly engaging student-facing experiences.
The impact you’ll have:
• Participating in concept development for interactive instruction and practice with editorial, design, animation, and development teams
• Using iterative and collaborative design techniques to transform new concepts to products via storyboards/sketches/wireframes and prototypes
• Creating high-fidelity final comps, developing effective documentation for varied audiences, and collaborating closely with Agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs
• Ensuring all media is user-focused, highly engaging, and relevant to students of various abilities and varied demographics such as gender, ethnicity and age
• Maintaining, updating and improving existing products
• Participating as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team to the definition, planning and prioritization of user requirements; proactively identifying and solving potential problems within assigned projects throughout creative process
What we’re looking for:
• 5+ years designing rich interactive and multi-media experiences preferably for children
• A track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products that not only improves users experiences, but also makes it delightful
• A proven understanding of UX, UI, evidence-based user-centered design, and user engagement principles
• Strong knowledge of mobile and web interaction
• Highly detail-oriented and developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Strong information design, typographic and communication design skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a love for collaboration
• Proven ability to work as part of a production team in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
• A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education
• Proficient in Adobe CC, Sketch, and prototyping software such as Axure or Hype
• Understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages preferred
• A demonstrated record of previous achievement. Portfolio submission required to be considered.
We’d also love to see:
• Experience in K-8 curricula
Location: North Billerica, MA or Brooklyn, NY
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.