Associate VP, Professional Development
Associate VP, Professional Development
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Associate Vice President will empower a team of managers, and over 100 full- and part-time PD specialists to drive implementation fidelity through educator learning. In addition, the AVP will work with team members and educator partners to plan and execute large-scale PD programs across high-enrollment and high-profile school districts. Finally, the AVP will serve as a key strategic partner to the internal Sales and Partner Success teams, as they work to sustain and grow the company’s large educational footprint in the market.
Required job skills:
- Guide, support, and develop mid-level managers by gracefully providing direct, open and honest feedback, dedicating time to understand their needs, and removing roadblocks to facilitate an environment where business and performance targets in the region are exceeded.
- Invest in and develop team members by coaching and mentoring to inspire company mission and policy adherence, and delivery of high-quality and high-impact professional learning with a long-term view of the outcome on kids and educators.
- Partner with Senior-level school district staff to create PD plans that position CA as a strategic partner with product implementations and facilitate business growth and renewal.
- Collaborate with Sales and Partner Success counterparts to identify market growth opportunities and to head off potential personnel and/or service issues before they become reputational, renewal or operational risks.
- Hire, grow, and retain top quality full- and part-time staff by ensuring that diverse perspectives are represented, fostered, shared, understood and appreciated.
- Utilize engagement survey results, as well as other metrics, to develop action plans that align with CA’s goal to remain an employer of choice in the industry.
- Use data to effectively manage the region and meet key business performance metrics.
- Assist the internal Learning and Development team with field-team continuous education and evaluation.
- Strategize with senior company leaders on new and innovative ways to strengthen and grow district partner relationships.
- In consultation with the SVP and Finance Business Partner, establish and adhere to annual operating budgets and ensure that team is operating in a fiscally prudent and productive way that aligns with CA’s policies and values.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, collaborate with multiple team members and stakeholders, and inspire and drive innovation in teams.
- Openness and responsiveness to feedback, with a commitment to self-awareness and consideration of impact, strengths and missed opportunities.
- Lead by modeling CA’s Values and Leadership Competencies in all interactions and communication.
- Demonstrated team management and growth experience
- A strong track record of hiring and retaining exceptional people
- Experience managing budgets with profit and loss responsibility
- Clear understanding of adult learning principles and demonstration of putting these principles into practice to drive results
- Ability to undertake significant travel.
Location: This role will cover states from Virginia, all the way up the east coast to Maine (Northeast US region), plus Indiana.
Travel: Please anticipate 50% travel.
Salary range for this role: $110,500 – $196,500
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that Curriculum Associates considers in making compensation decisions based on our Compensation Philosophy. Actual base pay within that range will vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, prior experience and relevant skill sets. At Curriculum Associates, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.