Manager/ Senior Manager, Professional Development- Georgia
Manager/ Senior Manager, Professional Development
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person! #CareersAtCA
Curriculum Associates seeks a Professional Development Manager to join our company. The Professional Development Manager will have experience successfully leading a team, developing implementation plans, delivering professional development, analyzing assessment data, and working directly with school and district leaders. Working closely with the sales team and other Curriculum Associates professionals, the Professional Development Manager will be responsible for ensuring that schools and districts receive targeted professional development, ongoing in-classroom support, data analysis, daily project management, and regular communication.
The impact you’ll have:
- Support large district-wide implementations and adoptions of the Ready Mathematics program and the i-Ready online diagnostic and instruction program.
- Hire, onboard, coach, train, and manage a team of PD Specialists.
- Conduct regular formal observations, performance evaluations, and regular check-ins to ensure customers are receiving quality outcome-based PD focused on impacting student and teacher practice.
- Facilitate, adapt, and deliver professional development to various audiences, including teachers, coaches, and leaders, on how to effectively implement Ready and i-Ready to impact classroom learning.
- Provide on-site targeted support to teachers, coaches and leaders. This may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges.
- Serve as Lead Trainer for large or strategic accounts, including managing the workflow of multiple trainers.
- Serve as a strong contributor within internal teams, such as sales, account management, PD Operations, Content Development etc., to identify barriers to implementation, propose solutions internally and externally, and escalate when needed.
- Partner with sales counterpart to support new and existing business through participation in presentations and strategic meetings.
- Build and maintain strong and influential relationships with district leader and/or site leaders. Assist in developing and revising annual professional development plans and schedules, remove barrier to implementation, and keep abreast of progress.
- Masterfully and consistently handle high level implementation customer meetings, including high-stakes conversations.
- Lead and facilitate internal training and development efforts for the team.
- Serve as an ambassador for Curriculum Associates, exemplifying the company’s mission-driven approach and commitment to creating better classrooms for students and teachers.
- Master and maintain knowledge of multiple products and facilitation best practices through internal certification processes.
- Manage priorities and work flow, including training notes, expense reports, scheduling, etc.
- Travel required.
What we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of experience in teaching mathematics, coaching teachers of mathematics, and providing mathematics professional development. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching mathematics at the secondary (6-12) level and/or with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mathematics or mathematics education.
- Strong evidence of past success in a Senior PD Specialist role. (internal or external)
- Strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics for Grades K-8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards. Understanding of the ELA Standards for K-8 also preferred.
- Fluency with using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders.
- Understand principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development.
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program implementations.
- Able to provide high-quality classroom coaching to ensure teachers have the skills necessary to delivery CA solutions effectively.
- Ability to work effectively with district and school leaders.
- Growth mindset, with commitment to ongoing learning and willingness to be flexible to meet evolving educator needs.
- Have attained a high level of trust and independence with PD leadership.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Proven organization skills, high attention to details, and superior time management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, and company cell phone. Ability to keep all travel points for flights and hotels booked for work-related travel. Mileage reimbursement may be available for applicable travel.
Travel: Travel up to 75% is required and considered an essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation.
Location: This position will support the state of Georgia. Candidates will need to reside in the state of Georgia. Additionally, a valid driver's license is required for this role.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.