IT Project Manager
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates seeks a highly qualified IT Project Manager/Resource Planner to lead business systems implementation and technology deployment efforts. The IT Project Manager/Resource Planner is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business areas. Managing resources, schedules, budgets and adhering to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. This role will also be responsible for resource planning with our Application Owners and Directors.
Why join this team:
Our PMO is a passionate group of servant leaders supporting high-performing teams. We are committed to quality, continuously learning and relentlessly improving. Our work directly impacts the company’s goals and mission. Want to make a difference? Join us!
The Impact You Will Have:
- Develop comprehensive project charters which define the scope, objectives, success factors, deliverables, and resource requirements
- and ensure Return on Investment (ROI) calculations with Finance business partners and business justification cases for approval
- Work closely with System and Business Analysts to develop and break down detailed business requirements into work tasks
- Develop detailed project plans that identify tasks, timelines, dependencies, critical path items, resource requirements, etc.
- Directly manage assigned project resources and tasks priorities
- Proactively track project-related issues and risks and develop mitigation plans
- Work with other and IT Managers to ensure resource allocation for team members is not over capacity and help prioritize project work with resources
- Continuously monitor the health of projects and escalate issues and challenges as required
- Lead project meetings and status reporting sessions
- Manage vendor resources and assist with contract and statement of work (SOW) negotiations
- Actively manage project scope and any necessary change management activities
- Work with IT leadership to develop strategic plans, technology roadmaps, and detailed budgets
- Facilitate and moderate sprint planning, daily scrum and backlog refinement meetings.
- Remove obstacles, drive issues to closure and remediate risks for team and sprint success
- Coordinate across co-dependent scrum teams in multi-scrum team environment
- Utilize and improve the PM tools to monitor and manage sprint success
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project deliver.
What you bring:
- 2+ years managing and involved medium-scale IT Business System implementations
- Experience implementing Tier 1 CRM and/or ERP applications; cloud or on-premise-based deployments
- Solid experience with Project management planning tools
- A thorough understanding of Project Life Cycle management methodologies and controls
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Communicate with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to leadership
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and detail orientated
- Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
- Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
- Think beyond day-to-day activities with a focus on our core objectives and strategy
- Ability to manage and delegate work as part of a team in a matrix environment
- Must be available to work periodically weekends and off-hours for on-site or off-site deployment support
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field, or equivalent work experience
- Six Sigma or other related continuous improvement methodology a plus
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience a plus
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.